ad: CQMM-1

Memorial Day Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AG4ZL, May 17, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AG4ZL

AG4ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

The Piedmont Spotter Group & Charlotte Skywarn will be hosting a Remember the Fallen Special Event this Memorial Day weekend starting May 26,2016 to May 30,2016 closing at 10pm. Call signs will be W4S (SKYWARN)-W4A (ARMY) W4M (MARINES) W4N (NAVY) WAF (AIRFORCE) & W4C (COAST GAURD). Please come find us on 20m-40m-80m. Modes will be SSB-PSK-RTTY.
    If you work the clean sweep we will present you with a never forget certificate to hang up...QRZ.COM Info will be on the W4S Page very soon with info on how to get the certificate.. 73 GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

K5BFW and KF5RHI like this.
  2. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

John, Thanks for the notice. I look forward to trying a sweep on SSB & PSK.

I see the AIRFORCE call sign is shown above as "WAF". Is it possible that should be "W4F", consistent with the other service branches represented?

Please clarify whether or not that is a misprint.

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

3. AG4ZL

Hey David thank you for letting me know.. I did see that last night an thought OH NO!!! It is K4F and will be changed...73

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. AG4ZL

The Piedmont Spotter Group & Charlotte Skywarn will be hosting a Remember the Fallen Special Event this Memorial Day weekend starting May 26,2016 to May 30,2016 closing at 10pm. Call signs will be W4S (SKYWARN)-W4A (ARMY) K4M (MARINES) W4N (NAVY) W4F (AIRFORCE) & W4C (COAST GAURD). Please come find us on 20m-40m-80m. Modes will be SSB-PSK-RTTY.
    If you work the clean sweep we will present you with a never forget certificate to hang up...QRZ.COM Info will be on the W4S Page very soon with info on how to get the certificate.. 73 GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS....https://piedmontspottergroup.com/ https://charlotteskywarn.com/

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. AG4ZL

It is going to be K4M For the Marines...W4M was taken..73

6. N4QFY

N4QFY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll try for a listen. I can't transmit on any of those bands yet. I'm not good enough with code (I only know half the characters) and there isn't time to find a test site to upgrade to general. Have fun with it.

7. VE2PIJ

VE2PIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ does not specify clean sweep = certificate

8. AG4ZL

9. AG4ZL

10. KH6CT

KH6CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

John...
    Your QRZ website W4S and the graphics are truly outstanding! Another box of Kleenex into the trash can... What else can I say. It's nice to see that there are people still out there who know the meaning and importance of Memorial Day.
    God bless our troops and those who have paid the ultimate price.

Very respectfully,
    Steve KH6CT