ad: elecraft

Meet Fred, QRZ Founder in Huntsville, Shelby

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Folks,

For those who would like to have an eyeball QSO, I'll be speaking at the Huntsville Hamfest, site of the 2010 ARRL Southeast Division Convention on Saturday, August 22nd. I'll be giving my History of QRZ presentation and taking questions from the audience.

If you can't make it to Huntsville, perhaps you can make it to the Shelby Hamfest outside Charlotte, North Carolina on Saturday, September 5th. I'll be speaking there as well at what has grown to become the largest hamfest on the east coast.

For more info:

The Huntsville Hamfest http://www.hamfest.org

The Shelby Hamfest http://www.shelbyhamfest.org/

Hope to see you there!

2. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

See you at Huntsville.. Giga is one of my dealers, and they are great people. George and Daniel have been good guys to work with.

3. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Will also look you up in Huntsville, Fred. Better be a good talk!! :D

4. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

From the Audience

OK, Fred. I'll check out the schedule. I'll be easy to pick out of the crowd..... 63 year old fat guy with a few gray hairs left on top, wearing shorts, and call badge on the polo shirt, carrying an MFJ bag.

5. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They all look alike!

"OK, Fred. I'll check out the schedule. I'll be easy to pick out of the crowd..... 63 year old fat guy with a few gray hairs left on top, wearing shorts, and call badge on the polo shirt, carrying an MFJ bag."

Lee,

That should narrow it down to about 500 hams....

John W5JON

6. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Uh, is the Shelby date correct? Saturday is actually the 4th. I'm looking at my calendar.

7. WY3X

WY3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Saturday IS the 4th

So- since Saturday is the 4th, are you going to be at Shelby on Sunday the 5th? (It's pretty much a week-long affair- with campers showing up 5 or 6 days before the 'fest begins, and it lasts through Sunday, though it may not be advertised as such. Old friends and dealers tend to hang out with one another in the parking lot. Or at least it used to be that way before they moved to the Cabarrus County complex.)

-WY3X

8. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Saturday in Shelby

Sorry for the date confusion. I'm speaking on the Saturday session at Shelby.

-fred

9. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you are thinking about the Charlotte hamfest held in March. It is a two day hamfest held in Cabarrus County.

10. K9ROD

K9ROD Ham Member QRZ Page

Out West

Too bad your not comming out West. Not only would the lecture be good, but you would get to see our beautiful mountains. Rod K9ROD
    [​IMG]

11. WY3X

WY3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Right you are, absolutely my mistake!

The Shelby Hamfest used to have everyone show up in campers a week before the actual hamfest really started, and all the "steal-of-a-deals" are done in the parking lot between dealers and themselves or early-birds who arrive days before "real customers". So right hamfest, wrong location. I assume this is still done. Even though the published dates are two days, the hamfest goes on for a week. -WY3X

12. K6DWC

K6DWC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got back from the Kentucky Hamfest. The presentation was great. When I saw the title, I thought I was going to have to sit through a boring presentation. Well I was impressed and suprised. He gave lots of interesting information and didn't put anyone to sleep.

13. KS4XN

KS4XN Ham Member QRZ Page

Saturday is August 21, yes? Were you looking at a 2011 calendar?

14. K4ZXN

K4ZXN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fred! We are looking forward to your visit with us at the Shelby Hamfest in Dallas, NC. We hope that you enjoy it! Our club members will be mighty busy over the month getting things ready for the Hamfest! The vendors that have been confirmed are now listed on the website. We hope everyone will join us on Saturday September 4th and Sunday September 5th for our event. The forum Schedule has also been posted and I will be sending you a letter with information this week!

73 and God Bless!

Susan, K4ZXN
    President Shelby Amateur Radio Club, Inc.
    Forum Coordinator 2010

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee Fred,

We need to get you up here at the NE Convention on Aug 27. You gotta constituency to see there bro!

Chip W1YW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.