ad: CQMM-1

March Issue: The Logger's Bark Magazine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Mar 10, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave, thanks! Really nice job, super professional! The standard for club newsletters.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

W7UUU has demonstrated that a small--nay singular--crew can put together a monthly ham magazine that rivals a major printed publication.

Dave has done an outstanding job. But there are an additional few such club-pubs of this caliber: the point is the 'club newsletter' has morphed into the quality of a polished pub for some, in 2024. The entry barrier is down for those with talent and time.

Re prints from club-pubs is a fine option for diversity and quality of material. A resource!!

Obviously CQ has failed to leverage this... if the ARRL does not-- (heck, its ARRL affiliated clubs doing the good stuff for the most part)-- then there is an opportunity missed.

Chip W1YW

3. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, great work, very “professional”. It portrays what radio clubs should aspire to be. Active, inviting, educational.

4. WE8HNT

WE8HNT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Dave....A Great and Enjoyable Read. High Quality Workmanship!!

5. KC0YSH

KC0YSH Ham Member QRZ Page

Great idea getting kids and parents into the hobby. Kc0ysh

6. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Excellent .

K8PG Paul Morse Music

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I just want to say "huge thanks" for all the kind comments.

I'm working daily on the April edition, which will publish on the 1st. LOTS of cool stuff coming.

It's a labor of love for sure - but I really thank all those who have contributed content, and all those here on QRZ with such kind words.

Won't be long.... the April 2024 issue is well on its way and should be a LOT of fun!

And again, HUGE thanks to QRZ for asking me to host this here... that means a lot not only to me but to our club, W7DK

Dave
    W7UUU

[This publication is NOT printer friendly.... it's a PDF so view it in that format. Sure you could print it, but the ink/toner cost won't be fun]

N3AWS likes this.
  8. W6RSS

W6RSS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazing job on the newsletter. Kudos.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Really FUN stuff coming for April ;)

The Bark has become something of a "side hobby" for me these days. It drives my focus - feels like "work" in retirement but in a very good way

In response to many requests, the April issue has an explanation of the title of the publication... stay tuned.

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AWS likes this.
  10. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is yet another great job post.

I've been a member of the Tacoma club for a few years. I even have their name badge, which I wore at SeaPac a few years ago. Another member noticed it and started a conversation. Had the pleasure of briefly meeting Dave - we were at the same hotel across from the convention center.

I hope to spend some time again in the PNW. I have taken the ferry to Victoria a few times—such a beautiful trip across the waters. I plan on visiting the clubhouse on a Saturday and being more active on the 10m nets in the area, including the Sunday club net from the remote I use on Vashon Island.

11. VE9WT

VE9WT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, well done VE9WT

12. W7XH

W7XH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking forward to seeing you at the clubhouse Dave. If your at SeaPac this year come by our club table and say HI!

13. W7UUU

Hi Bill - sorry that I missed this. YES the April issue will be posted promptly on April 1st... and it's a big one! 101 pages, with TONS of fun stuff and feature articles.

I've also moved the BORING (to outsiders) minutes sections to the absolute very end, so you won't need to scroll past them to get "to the good stuff"

And again, thanks to ALL for all the kind words.

Be watching for the April edition on the 1st... should be a lot of fun :)

Dave
    W7UUU

14. W7UUU

Hi Mike! Actually, I think this will be the first year in 10 years that I will NOT be at SeaPac... wife is going away with daughters, and I'm likely to stay home.

But it's still a long way off - I may make it a "crazy one day event" - leave home at 5:00 AM and be back home by supper time.... but I'm NOT presenting in any seminars this year for the first time in years.

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AWS likes this.
  15. AA1BS

AA1BS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Dave,
    From a ham in Maine where we don't have many large clubs around, THANKS for doing this service!! Great articles and in my opinion, better than a lot of things in QST. Just one more reason I will keep up my QRZ membership. Thanks again,
    Rob AA1BS

W7XH likes this.