ad: Mountaingoat-1

"Mac" Washam, KG4DAE SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AE1PT, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Kenneth "Mac" Washam, KG4DAE of Whitley City, Kentucky died today--October 5, 2009 after a brief illness. His death was quite unexpected.

Mac was a retired educator for the McCreary County School System, and a General Class ham. He was first licensed in 1999. Mac was well known on the dual 444.050 linked repeater system in Williamsburg and Shelbyville, Kentucky. Many will remember him as the voice of "Slippery Rock, USA", and as a member of the regular daily ham coffee klatch in Whitley City.

He is survived by his wife, two adult children, several grandchildren, and a host of friends, past students, and his friends in the the ham community.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. KV4D

KV4D Ham Member QRZ Page

mac will be dearly missed. i met him a few times, but talked to him almost every day on the 444.050 williamsburg machine. god bless his family and be with them in there time of need. please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
    KV4D

3. KG4KBU

KG4KBU Ham Member QRZ Page

Mac made radio fun and he was a true ham. I and all the others on the 444.050 will sure miss him. He would tell jokes, laugh, and he was a good all around person. Prayers go out to all his family and friends. Mac you probably have yourself a Gold radio up there in heaven. Take care fellow ham
    Shawn
    KG4KBU

4. KV4D

KV4D Ham Member QRZ Page

hey shawn.... do you think we could get "angellink" ......or somekind of irlp wireless link somehow so he could still talk to us on that golden radio? sure would be nice to hear him say KG4....D....A....E on slippery rock usa.
    all my love to his friends and family.
    73 mac

KV4D

5. KG4KBU

Maybe I do remember that movie where they tried to talk to heaven on a ham radio :) that movie I forgot the name of but almost anything is possible but they used HF and like u said KG4...D...A...E those words will surely be missed

6. KV4D

KV4D Ham Member QRZ Page

i think the name of it was called frequency. correct? very good movie. god bless and take care.

7. KG4KBU

yeah that was it and yep it was a good movie u take care now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.