ad: chuckmartin

Let The Games Begin - K6UDA Radio is giving away a Free Elecraft KX2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Jan 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you guys for subscribing to K6UDA Radio. We did it. 5,000 Subscribers. You know what means. One of you is getting a free KX2 HF radio from Me & Elecraft. What you need to do now is submit your 30 second video or 130 words or less essay to me at k6udaradio@gmail.com
    The best entries go to Elecraft for final judging. What's the topic? What big adventure I'm going to do with a new KX2. Complete rules are up at s3films.com/styled
    Good luck!!

W2CSI and K5YVY like this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the submission deadline? I don't see it in the rules.

Once we reach the deadline, please post here the number of people who entered. :)

3. K6UDA

Two weeks. It's in the video.

W2CSI likes this.
  4. N0YG

N0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

After the 30 second video or 130 work essay what's next a 5K and I have to finish in 1st place. Then a Iron man comp. Geezz. I sure didn't see this in the part of the subscription or LIKE . But as they say " it was there". I finished college 35 yrs ago so PLEASE WITHDRAW MY ENTRY. Good Luck !!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess talking for 30 secs or writing 130 words is too much work for some folks. That's like- 2 paragraphs. I guess essays 35 years ago were haiku? Better odds for me! HNY and thanks to K6UDA and Elecraft for the chance! Clifford

W2CSI likes this.
  6. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Outside of USA will be ok to participate ?

7. KF5GTX

KF5GTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am going to participate. It's all about the fun of ham radio! What a way to give back K6UDA! Good show, Sir!
    73, Bobby KF5GTX

W2CSI likes this.
  8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I'm surprised that anybody objected to the size of the project. 30s or 130 words seems like a cheap entry fee. :) Then again, that just improves the odds for everybody else.

I don't have a chance of winning an Elecraft-judged contest, but I would really like to see how many people do submit an essay or video to this contest. Hopefully K6UDA will provide us some stats in a couple of weeks. ;-)

9. WM5TS

WM5TS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just sent in what I hope is the winning essay. Good luck everyone!!

K6UDA likes this.
  10. K6UDA

I'll update everyone on the total entries. so far, I'm getting about a dozen a day. I gotta say, so far I'm impressed.

11. K3LRH

K3LRH Ham Member QRZ Page

...can the essay be submitted in CW? _._ :)

12. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No one else enter so I can win ;)

13. K2MAD

K2MAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck to the contestant's? Truly I HOPE THE PRIZE GOES to someone who doesn't have five gazzillion radio's already.

SV2EVS likes this.
  14. K2FI

K2FI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm writing my entry up even as you read this (so long as you're reading it within a day or two of me posting it)

15. K2MAD

K2MAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure what he's giving back, please enlighten. THANK YOU ELECRAFT.