ad: Schulman-1

Lebanon, OD5, Conducted Radio HAM Exams After 13 Years Of Silence

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC2RA, Oct 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AC2RA

AC2RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Lebanon, OD5, ministry of communication conducted a radioham examination event last Saturday 16 oct 2016 in the premises of Ogero, ministry of communication in Beirut. Around 50 hams sat for the exams, after 13 years of abscence of examination. Mr A.MYoussef, director general and Ing Toni Aoun as well as OD5TE Hani, OD5TX MICHEL, OD5KU ELIE among others are to be thanked. The Ham community should expect a boost in ham activities from OD5 very soon.

VE3BW/SK2024, K5URU, KB3K and 4 others like this.
  2. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why hams in the US should not take their license for granted, nor put it in jeopardy.

N8TUW, KF4ZKU, KI4FSZ and 3 others like this.
  3. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

After a long and difficult time welcome back to more activity and congratulations to all the new OD5 licensees. Here is to better days for your lovely country.

WU8Y and (deleted member) like this.
  4. CT7AKW

CT7AKW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We hope that this is a small sign of return to peace and prosperity, in a country so punished in recent history

N8TUW, W4ABC, WA5ZKP and 1 other person like this.
  5. M0UVA

M0UVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Fantastic news

6. M6RWB

M6RWB Ham Member QRZ Page

This is fantastic news for the radio ham community as a whole all across the globe. I just had my first ever contact into lebanon on 15m with 0d5zz whalid. And I hope for many more to the many new hams of this great country... M6rwb. Wayne. 73 from the UK.

7. AJ2I

AJ2I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Walid OD5zz is an only Lebanon I've heard for the most part these past few years, great to see a new crop of hams there will be starting out!

8. 2E0MNG

2E0MNG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OD5ZZ is a regular Lebanese station I work (albeit not heard since April 16) others worked are:- OD5SK, OD5PY, OD5NH, OD5ET, OD5NJ & OD5ARMY.

Can't wait for the new influx of hams from Lebanon. 73 De Neal 2E0MNG.

KI4FSZ likes this.
  9. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is welcome news! The more the merrier!

10. W7WXX

W7WXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't wait to hear the OD5's come through my ear plugs...in morse code.

11. N8TUW

N8TUW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think one ham said earlier. Here in the states we take thing for granted .
    We have ham radio, Guns and freedom. To get in our car and take a drive .
    " IT'S a privilege ! "
    Thanks for another country..

12. DL1GBM

DL1GBM Ham Member QRZ Page

As I have been there many years ago meeting most of the OD5 hams, and after a lot of QSOs with Walid, Gabi and some other OD5, I really appreciate the new activity! I still remember great friendship and hospitality in the northern and southern clubs and still pray for a peaceful Lebanon. Enjoy your freedom on radio and God bless you all! Hpe cu all sn! (and please watch your traffic lights.... ;-) Vy73, Michael

13. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Lebanon has been between the rock and the hard place versus peace and prosperity for over 2000 years under many names and leadership. I doubt much will change during my lifetime. I know many Lebanese that have been represented in this area (Southern NH and Eastern MA) since the late 1800's to as recent as last year, all are fine hard working and outgoing people.

Carl