ad: Radclub22-1

KD8MLH, John R. Doyle, SK this morning

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KB8AMZ, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB8AMZ

KB8AMZ Ham Member QRZ Page

John was a ham friend. We met when I began eating at this local restaurant and soon learned that John was learning Linux, so we had this in common. Through our discussions I learned that John is a ham, is a veteran, and served in the same branch of military as I, USN.

So, John was eating breakfast this morning, at our favorite local restaurant. He began feeling tired after consuming his meal. The waitresses didn't take notice right away that John was dozing, because John has been 'burning the candle at both ends' lately. He restarted college to finish his B.S. and was working a part-time job at 70+ hours per week. So sometimes John dozes off. When the waitress tried to awaken him this morning he was unresponsive, but breathing. EMS was called and he was transported to a hospital. Another friend learned that he had passed; that friend is a daily patron at the restaurant, so when he came in this afternoon he notified the restaurant staff and I that John is now a SK. He was told by the hospital person that notified him that John was in full arrest when he arrived at the hospital and could not be revived.

John was a member of the Portage County Amateur Radio Service (PCARS), General class license. I don't know if he was an A.R.R.L. member. John was a veteran serving his time in the U.S. Navy as an electronic fire control technician. John worked his civilian life in electronics and returned to college to complete his 2-year degree to a B.S. in electronics engineering. John has a Sister.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.