ad: Retevis-1

John J. Bowles, N1OTC SK September 19, 2016 Age 82

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Sep 22, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

John J. Bowles, N1OTC SK

Obituary for John J. "Jack" Bowles

March 21, 1934 - September 19, 2016
    Concord formerly of Boston, Massachusetts | Age 82

John J. "Jack" Bowles age 82 of Concord formerly of Boston, Sept. 19, 2016. Beloved friend of Marcia Forde of Concord. Also survived by his step-daughter Phyllis Doherty of Medford and many friends in the HAM Radio community and beyond. He was predeceased by his son Mark Bowles.

Service will be held on Friday, September 23 at 11:15 am at the Massachusetts National Cemetery, 400 Connery Ave, Bourne.

U.S. Army Korean Conflict Veteran.

http://concordfuneral.tributes.com/obituary/read/John-J.-Jack-Bowles-103965685

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr

2. WB4FDT

WB4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N1EA

N1EA Ham Member QRZ Page

Jack, N1OTC was one of the best traffic handlers I've ever had the pleasure of working and meeting. He was in the US Army in Korea as a radio operator and he was so good he was requisitioned by the U.S. Navy to be the operator at the U.S. Navy shipyard in Boston/Charlestown, MA. I had the pleasure of restoring his Vibroplex Original Deluxe which had many hours on it. I will never forget the skill and sound of his fabulous fist on that bug. Rest in peace, dear friend. I miss you and the sounds from your key. 73 de N1EA = David J. Ring, Jr., ex- Radio Officer, U.S. Merchant Marine, radiotelegraphist at West Creek Radio, WSC in New Jersey.