ad: wmr-1

Huntsville from a different point of view

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by WK4DS, Aug 20, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WK4DS

WK4DS Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to sell stuff in the “bone yard” so I spent my day mostly in one place. The crowd was crazy this year. There were so many people this time. I sold almost everything I had by lunch and I brought alot of stuff. I wrote it up on my blog with photos and such if you want to read that but suffice it to say, it was a great show from where I was.
    https://www.davidsaylors.com/wk4ds-...e-hamfest-from-the-view-of-a-vendor-this-time

N4BCD, W4NNF, N1VAU and 3 others like this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was a good one, that's for sure.

The XYL and I stayed at the Embassy Suites again this year (by the time we were able to reserve a room with 'em last year, the quoted prices were crazy). That was a good thing in that we spent a lot of time on the floor this year punctuated by a few breaks back at the room. It was bad in that I was pooped by the time it was over and am still recovering. :)

Ground truth? Lotsa happy hams, and I can say Huntsville is well and truly back to normal after covid.

Thanks to all the organizers and vendors and volunteers and sellers.

In fact, it was a GREAT ONE.

:)

K8XG, N4BCD, WK4DS and 1 other person like this.
  3. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

Embassy Suites is what the NASA Student Launch program used and the building next to it the tech displays of their STEM payloads like a technical display to commercial folks attending

N3AWS likes this.