ad: Radclub22-1

Completed How do I add my Call Sign to my QRZ account - KO6DOF

Discussion in 'Add My Call Sign to QRZ - Database Helpers Forum' started by KO6DOF, Feb 29, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KO6DOF

KO6DOF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I am a newly licensed technician, as of today. I would like to add call sign, KO6DOF, to my QRZ account. I am in the United States. How do I go about doing this? Thank you!!!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  2. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your username will soon be changed to your callsign.

"IN PROGRESS"

3. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KANASILI to KO6DOF completed, same password.
    --

Unfortunately, we DO NOT add US callsigns (excluding 1x1 callsigns) to the database manually.

USA callsigns get downloaded from the FCC ULS database to QRZ automatically and it might take 2-3 business days from the grant date of your license. So, please be patient until then.

Once your callsign appears on QRZ, please log out of QRZ.com once, and then log back in to active your account.
    It will allow you to access the database and edit it yourself.

Thank you,

Kaz, JA6XZS
    DX Helper, QRZ.com

4. KO6DOF

Hello,
    I am interested in applying for the new ham jumpstart program. When I click on the link it tells me that I am not eligible and pops up this message:
    "Sorry, this program is only available to Amateur Radio Operators located in the United States. Your QRZ account does not list any callsigns issued by the FCC."
    I am in the United States and am newly licensed as of today. I would love to apply for this. How might I go about this?
    Thank you for your time and help.
    KO6DOF

5. KD9TED

KD9TED Ham Member QRZ Page

Has your call sign been uploaded to QRZ? It doesn't look like it has been. That could be why it says you aren't eligible, i.e. QRZ doesn't recognize your call sign. Therefore QRZ thinks your call sign is from outside the US.

6. KO6DOF

Thank you!

Okay, Thank you! I will be patient. I guess I am just excited to get connected with everyone. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2024
    JA6XZS likes this.
  7. KD9TED

KD9TED Ham Member QRZ Page

That's probably what it is. When I search for your call sign on QRZ, KO6DOF, it says no results found for KO6DOF.

8. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

The FCC data automatically syncs with QRZ but that takes 24-48 hours to happen. As soon as QRZ has your callsign from the FCC it will be linked to your user profile and when that happens you will be able to apply. @KD9TED is right. Until QRZ has the callsign data it thinks you're not in the states and thus not eligible.

KD9TED and N9WFT like this.
  9. KO6DOY

KO6DOY Ham Member QRZ Page

Small world! im KO6DOY hahaha! i also had the same question but this forum answered it. Thank you all!

KD9TED and KF8KI like this.
  10. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are both in the QRZ database today. Please log out of QRZ on all your devices and log back in on your computer using the same password. This will allow you full access to your QRZ account. Welcome to ham radio and QRZ!

KF8KI likes this.
  11. K8VHL

12. KJ5FDX

KJ5FDX Ham Member

Is there an ETA on restock? This was my plan to get started and if it is indefinite then will go another route. "

"Unfortunately We Are Out Of New Ham Jumpstart Packages At The Moment

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the QRZ Ham Radio Jumpstart program, we are out of stock at this time."

13. K8VHL

@KJ5FDX Your new callsign is now available on QRZ. Log out of QRZ and then log back in using the same password to gain full control of your new account. Then try signing up for the Jumpstart Program again.

JA6XZS likes this.