ad: MLSons-1

High Frequency Amateur Radio Youth Net

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC8PI, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NN1C

NN1C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    My name is Marty, and I am good on QRZ, (look me up.) I would love to take part in your net!

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck. If I am around next Sunday I will try to check in. Reminds me of the old days of the North American Youth Net on 14.329Mhz at 2300UTC Friday's. I hope your group succeeds where we failed.

3. K8ED

K8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on establishing the HF Youth Net on 20 Meters Justin. Looking forward to checking in! - Mark, K8ED

4. K4KJN

K4KJN Ham Member QRZ Page

I am the Youth Coordinator for the WCF group. I will publicize the net and check in. Thanks for starting it!
    Christine, KK4KJN

5. AC8PI

AC8PI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks a ton!

@K8ED thanks mark, Looking forward to hearing you on.

6. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Solar storm. Propagation went totally to crap.

7. N0VRM

N0VRM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Justin would it be better to have your net on 10 meters. Most young hams are only Technicians and only are allowed on 10.You have a great idea and wish you well with the net. We have a group of Hams from our Club working with Kids at the Duluth Children's Museum and it is working well. Good luck. Gene NØVRM

8. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

First off, I'll start listening for you guys.

I was fortunate to grow up in the Duluth/Superior area. As a pre-teen and teen before I could drive, us kids always had rides to the Arrowhead Amateur Radio Club meetings which were held in the Duluth court house. The club membership throughout the 1960s was usually about 1/4 to 1/3 under 20 years old. The club had incredible mentors who helped us kids get great part time jobs in radio/electronics and other fields. Because of the club I had radio-related jobs in Duluth and Superior from the time I got out of 8th grade until I got out of college. Ham radio and the great mentors of Duluth/Superior and surrounding areas led a large number of us kids into life-time careers that were also our hobbies.

I'm glad to hear the spirit is still alive on the shores of Lake Superior.

9. KK4VTM

KK4VTM Ham Member QRZ Page

Been tuned up and spinning the knob between 14.320-330 and have heard nothing from 18:00-18:49z.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  10. AC8PI

Hey all, I ended up on 14.318. I don't know where we will eventually settle, but that is where we were today. There is some thought going on, and it might become a bi-weekly net. Still unsure, but it is a possibility. glad to hear that there was someone looking for us though. I look forward to when conditions are better.

11. KM4ACR

KM4ACR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Justin,

This is James, and I'm 15 years old.

I was wondering if you ran the HF net this Sunday. I listened from 14.315-14.335 and I didn't hear anything. I also saw where you were thinking about making it a bi-weekly net. Did you go through with this?

James,KM4ACR

12. AC8PI

Hey James,
    I was on twenty meters, but because of the contest, I was not able to hear anybody, and only one person was able to hear me. I was on 14.325. Usually we are a little lower. I have not decided whether or not to make it a bi-weekly net yet, so for now it is being held every week.

73 Justin AC8PI

13. KM4ACR

KM4ACR Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay. There were a lot of contesters on 20 meters. Hopefully it will be better next Sunday. I'll listen for it.

James, KM4ACR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.