ad: MLSons-1

Hamvention® 2017 Update with Michael Kalter at DX Engineering

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Jan 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Published on Jan 13, 2017

Tim Duffy, K3LR from DX Engineering talks with Michael Kalter, W8CI from the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) about the latest information on Hamvention® 2017 which will be held at the Greene County Fairgrounds location.

YO4FKO, N1WCW, KB8RMB and 2 others like this.
  2. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike explains what a big operation Hamvention is. DARA is to be commended for undertaking this move.

3. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Tim & Michael for the video updates!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

4. KA8LMQ

KA8LMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not been to HamVention For some time now, I only lived 3 miles away. But I am now handicapped and not able to walk. With the change to GreenCountyFairgrounds I may come this yr. provided I can have a good place to park and unload my scooter.

5. N3VE

N3VE Ham Member QRZ Page

Great interview Tim, so glad DARA has so many dedicated volunteers to pull this off. I can't wait!
    Jeff, N3VE

6. AA9NN

AA9NN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Interview!! Glad its looking good for the new Venue! I have no doubt you guys are on top of your game. I have already put in my PTO Request so I don't miss this year.

73!
    Jim aa9nn

7. K6DLC

K6DLC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

when is the online ticket purchase be available?

KD8YQC likes this.
  8. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't wait!

9. N2EYK

N2EYK Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking forward to Hamvention 2017. I would like to suggest an improvement.
    Please clamp down on the OM's who are operating the motorized chairs! There are far too many of them moving at a rate of speed that is well above what is safe for indoor travel. I would like to back up from a booth and not have to worry that my Achilles tendon will get smashed by the wheel of a motorized cart.

Rich
    N2EYK

10. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is another one that always annoying to me Rich,and that is the one of those people wearing those back packs.How many times in
    close quarters inside when a "packer"as we will call them,has turned abruptly and knocked you off balance?We know they aren't doing
    this to intentionally annoy you but after a dozen or so times it certainly does take the fun out of the Hamvention.

Respectfully,
    G.L. Mitchell -W2MYA
    West Caldwell,N.J.