ad: Retevis-1

HamRadioNow: DAYTONa 500 (On the Road)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, May 27, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

W5BIB likes this.
  2. RK6C

RK6C Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your video abt road to Dayton. When part #2 abt Dayton?

3. K4AAQ

No part 2 of the trip, but lots more programs from the Hamvention coming out soon.

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoyed the trip Gary. (excellent production) :)

Steve / W5BIB

5. NA4RA

NA4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was fun watching you. Thanks Gary.

6. KE0JBL

KE0JBL Ham Member QRZ Page

Man that brick wall! I was lulled by your voice and the traffic, dreaming of heading East instead of West when we leave South Dakota in our RV for more travel and adventure, when suddenly there in the middle of the highway, in the middle of the screen was a solid brick wall!! OH how can you do that HAM stuff while driving? The other day we went to Bismarck ND to pick up our Jeep that we use as a toad when traveling in our 35 foot Class A, and my little Baofeng UV5R began breaking squelch. Now my wife tolerates my HAM hoby, even though I am a brand spanking new HAM having just received my first ticket on May 15th, and being the veteran of only one contact. So I reached down to the cup holder, just to pick the radio up and turn her off, when I dropped one wheel off the small 2 lane highway, the front end of our Motor Home rared up toward the sky, and as I corrected, dropped the wheel into the oncoming lane of traffic. thankfully there is very little traffic on that highway, and nobody was within several miles of me at the time, and I got her back on the straight and level. Enough of that, I told myself, and I will be mounting my new Kenwood 2 meter transceiver in the rig soon so all I will need to do is pick up the mike when I need to do anything Ham wise as we travel down the highway. That and a few more pounds in the air ride and we should be OK. Thanks a million for your shows, I jsut found and signed up with this site, and shall enjoy your videos as I find them. The ham life has a lot going for it and I am just learning how much. When I was a boy back in the 60's I used to read about ham radio in the back of Popular Electronics, and dream of having my own HF rig. Some day that dream may come true, but now I shall try and satisfy my desire to communicate again as I did in the Army in the 70's and on the PD in the mid 70's to the mid 90's.

7. KE0JBL

KE0JBL Ham Member QRZ Page

UGGGGG - Many moons ago, more years then I would like to remember, I taught radio proceedure in the US Army, and the one thing I had to constantly hammer through the recruits heads was that you cannot say OVER and OUT in the same sentence. Over means, I have finished talking and now it is your turn, go ahead and speak. OUT means I have finished talking and I am not expecting a return from your station.

I know every blasted movie and television show has the fellows on the radios saying OVER and OUT and it is so wrong with radio prosigns in the military. Yes I understand this is not the military, and it is ok to say it together, if nothing else just to sound like the Duke in many of his military movies, it just bugs me a bit when I hear it, and brings back those days in the Army when the poor recruits who were under my charge would screw up and say OVER AND OUT>

8. K4AAQ

I have a special episode segment just for this:

Zoom down to the very end (of course) - about 1:18:30.

BTW mega bonus points for getting all the way to the end to catch my Dick Tracy bit!