ad: TinyPaddle-1

HamCAtion was awesome and I wrote a little bit about it...

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by WK4DS, Feb 12, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WK4DS

WK4DS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all,

This is my first trip to Orlando to the Hamvention and I was impressed for the most part. It was on a scale I had never seen before coming from the Chattanooga area and all. I couldn't believe all the vendors that were there and some of the new items that are available now for your radio needs. The best part to me though is always the bone yard and these guys do no disappoint. There was a ton of stuff and lots of vendors, but it was a little confusing on how it was all laid out as there were what seemed like no real rhyme or reason to the positioning of the vendors at certain places. It was like it organically grew as people showed up...maybe that is what happened. If you have never been, it is worth going to see it at least once.

Link below to my report and what I did for POTA as well. I kinda double dipped, read on to see how.

https://www.davidsaylors.com/wk4ds-amateur-radio-blog/two-days-hamvention-and-two-pota-parks

WK4DS

W4NNF and K0UO like this.
  2. W4LJ

W4LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hamcation is a lot of fun. All hams should experience it at least once.
    (Hamvention is in Ohio.)

WK4DS and N8VD like this.
  3. WK4DS

WK4DS Ham Member QRZ Page

DOH! I have done that more than once in the past couple of days.... Thanks for pointing that out for me

W4NNF and W4LJ like this.