ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Radio Deluxe v5.20 Release Announcement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And lest we receive any more comments about why I am moderating this thread amongst others, I am *NOT* the owner of HRD. That would be W4PC (my call is W4PG). However, anyone who wishes to send me money for HRD, I am more than happy to accept!! :D

................Bob

3. K2UN

K2UN Ham Member QRZ Page

W4PC, I try to install 5.20 on a W7 64 bits, but I got this message: The program can't start because olch2d32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Anyways, I checked that VC runtime .net lib, but that was a no go. I checked the first 9 or so pages of this thread and got bored reading about people complaining of pricing or doing beta test on your pre- final version for free. I think I could go to google and install that dll, but you may want to test this before mastering the final CD for your dayton show.

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

All BS aside, what impresses me is the fact that HRD works with so may different radios from almost every manufacturer.

5. KK1S

KK1S Ham Member QRZ Page

<Chuckling> Well, Robert, I see that you have met some of our number who seem to spend more time posting that operating, and seldom have anthing constructive to say. Their "chatroom rating" is likely extra class (or NO class).

I use HRD, contributed to Simon from time to time, and was sorry to see him go. That said, as soon as the new release is stressed and strained by those who insist on having the latest/greatest right d*minit now, and it is debugged, I'll download it, and happily pay for it. Meanwhile, 5.11 is more than sufficient.

Have you, or will you consider "HRD Lite" for those of us who use only the logging/QRZlookup/upload/spotter functions? All the other bells and whistles are not particularly in the way, but they do bloat the software.

KK1S

6. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no interest in all of you QRZ whiners about the HRD.
    I have just observations you do not have to read.

I have pointed out to the new owners that it is in their interest to keep track of ALL web sites with HRD subject or delete them. Today I discovered another – Facebook. Grossly outdated to boot.
    I guess you, the new owners, are not listening and keep spreading yourself pretty thin. I am not sure if your comment about spending your time on development can be taken seriously.

Speaking of development – it was a MAJOR blunder to switch from VC 6.0 to Visual studio - especially when you wanted to fix bugs and add new “cool” features same time.
    Been there, done that from VB 4 to VC. Major task.
    Something about Bob's baby steps comes to mind.

I am not sure what to think about you forgetting to include DLL for VS.
    Maybe innocent oversight or major lack of programming knowledge?
    Either way HRD worked in VC 6.0 and you did complicate you life by switching to VS.
    You got nobody but yourself to blame it on.

Still wishing you good luck sharpening the old Swiss army knife.

73 Vaclav

PS No reply necessary, just keep coding.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think getting in a hurry did not help either.

It was a big step that they are trying to take all at once.

I am a coder also and would have at least upgraded to C# if I wanted to do it right.
    But then what do I know.

8. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And what BOB would that be?

Please tell me you aren't also confusing who actually owns HRD with me.

I'm beginning to wonder why a few of you who are complaining so about the program can't seem to pay attention enough to correctly identify who actually owns HRD. Coding software is pretty complicated from what little I know, but being able to tell the difference between the names "Bob" and "Rick" and the calls "W4PG" and "W4PC" apparently really tests the acumen of several folks' English reading abilities, which says a whole lot about the person complaining.

The constant whining, bitching, moaning and groaning has become a serious annoyance and since Rick has taken down version 5.20 until the fixed version is up, it's time to put this thread to sleep and let you groaners moan elsewhere. Anyone who wants to argue about switching from VC 6.0 to Visual can do so in their own thread elsewhere. THAT IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD!

When the updated version is up and running, Rick can post that information for all to read.

..............Bob (who is NOT Rick and does NOT own HRD!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.