ad: BerryVille-1

Ham Radio 360: Satellite Ops with KO4MA *AMSAT*

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4CDN, Sep 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4CDN

K4CDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Listen Link Here

I've often wondered about Ham Radio Satellite Operations. I knew where to look and what to read, but I kept myself from it, because I wanted to learn about it with you here on the show!

I became acquainted with Andrew Glasbrenner KO4MA through our FB page, and watched from afar his dealings with Ham Radio Satellite Ops, and AMSAT. Andrew and I began conversing about having him on the show, and what follows is what we were finally able to bring together!

[​IMG]

Show Notes

In addition to his family duties, Andrew also serves the AMAST organization as the VP Director of Operations. Andrew grew up like most of us-with a ‘Walkie-Talkie’ in his hand and a desire to communicate via Radio with whomever he could!

Eventually he got the ticket to get on the air, and has been active there since! A big thanks to Andrew for coming on, I ask a load of questions and we cover it all here on Episode 60. From Build, Launch and Contact-it's all about Amateur Radio Satellite Ops on HR360!

Thanks for Listening!

K4CDN

WD9EWK and KF5RHI like this.
  2. KC7NOA

KC7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see the show on the linked page ...

Only show is a launch of a Sat ..

K4CDN likes this.
  3. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Scroll way to the bottom - right below where "Here's a video from my child" appears - and there is a hyperlink to the audio podcast right below that.

K4CDN likes this.
  4. K4CDN

K4CDN Ham Member QRZ Page

WD9EWK likes this.
  5. KO4LZ

KO4LZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I always wondered whose callsign came after mine ... :)

W5PFG, WD9EWK and K4CDN like this.
  6. KO4MA

KO4MA Ham Member QRZ Page

1991 was a good year, wasn't it?

WD9EWK, KO4LZ and K4CDN like this.
  7. KC0MVF

KC0MVF Ham Member QRZ Page

KO4MA was my very first satellite contact in May of 2011 on AO-51. Boy was I surprised what a 5W HT with a telescoping antenna was capable of. In the brief moments of contact, he quickly explained what I needed to do to make contacts on the birds. Greatly appreciated.

K4CDN, W5PFG, WD9EWK and 1 other person like this.
  8. PY2RN

PY2RN Ham Member QRZ Page

Great interview, good questions, clear and very interesting answers. I hope to see you on the birds soon! 73

K4CDN likes this.
  9. UR3QTN

UR3QTN Ham Member QRZ Page

K4CDN likes this.