ad: CQMM-1

H.R. 555 Reply from Senator Mazie K. Hirono in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6OWL, Feb 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Somebody like... these guys!

[​IMG]

2. NK9Y

NK9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

It is my understanding that many rural counties have communication tower taxes, on a per foot basis. Some are $25 per foot, per tower, from ground base to the highest point. So the 20 foot mast on top of a tower, is a $500 tax, in addition to the $2500 tax on a 100 footer. So it would appear that very few of us are truly regulation free.

3. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Right, and if you own property, try not paying your property taxes, then you'll see who really "owns" your property!

KK5JY likes this.
  4. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

Whatever. It wasn't worth my time to look up the bio of another worthless politician.

5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

• The question was regarding the Senator's gender.
    • I answered it.
    • No one forced you to click the link.
    Thanks for your opinion...
    ...and have a nice day. ;)

6. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I clicked the link. Interesting. What a horrible upbringing. So, Mazie Hirono is the junior Senator from Hawaii, and the Senior Senator, Brian Schatz, along with Senator Bill Nelson, of Florida, both opposed the passage of ARPA.

Brian Schatz Bio

Bill Nelson Bio

As a direct result of CAI member advocacy, U.S. Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) and U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D-HI) opposed the bill. Senator Nelson and Senator Schatz are senior members of the Commerce Committee and serve in leadership positions. With Senator Nelson and Senator Schatz actively opposed to the bill it is unlikely the legislation will be approved in its current form by the full U.S. Senate.

CAI will continue to pursue a compromise that respects the right of community associations to set standards concerning HAM radio towers and antennas, but also ensures amateur radio licensees can pursue their hobby. According to CAI member research, a super majority of community associations permit HAM radio, but require prior approval of external towers and antennas. Preserving these rules and procedures is a key federal priority for CAI.

7. WA7PRC

Considering HR is only a hobby to most, with most hams only wanting to ragchew/DX/contest, CAI is throwing hams a bone that they don't have to.

1 person likes this.
  8. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. It's actually nice of CAI to offer this compromise, especially when hams voluntarily signed covenants stating they would not erect outdoor antennas.

9. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

From her Wiki bio....
    Hirono was the only person of Asian ancestry serving in the U.S. Senate until 2016 when senators Tammy Duckworth and Kamala Harris were elected in the states of Illinois and California.

I don't think this statement is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye

and he's actually from Hawaii, they probably knew one another. More liberal history rewriting.

BTW, what does the internet have to do with HR555? She has no idea what ham radio is... but I'm sure it won't keep her from voting on the bill! Politicians suck!

Ed

10. WA7PRC

Again...

11. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

And your point is? I'm pointing out that either she or a supporter is mis-characterizing her accomplishments....AGAIN....

12. WA7PRC

NO point. Again, there was a question of the Senator's gender, which I answered.

Thanks for your opinion...
    ...and have a nice day. ;)

13. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no doubt that there is a price tag attached, regardless of whether we see it ahead of the bill's passage or not. Passage of the bill is like the football team running through the paper barrier being held up by the cheerleaders. FCC making the rule is the kickoff. The game will be in the federal courts. And we have seen how the scores fall out in that arena.

14. W8RQM

W8RQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering Jim, is there any possibility that you can move to a non-regulated subdivision? I understand it may be a hardship, but what is the alternative.

15. WA7PRC

• Petition HOA for an exception
    • Mobile station
    • Portable station
    • Remote station
    However, followers of the legislation don't want to consider anything other than having government force their neighbors to accept an undefined outdoor antenna.