ad: MyersEng-1

Gerry Rosam- AE7KI SK August 10, 2022

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N4GNR, Aug 17, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

there were few details as to if this is true or not,, but I just confirmed thru the EMTs that answered the call to Gerrys home several days ago, that he was unresponsive, and now SK...

Gerry was a GREAT friend to everyone.. I spoke to him on a regular basis..He will be GREATLY MISSED.
    And to the Australians that have known him a very long time- even a GREATER LOSS. He was from VK.
    thus far, I can find no information about a service, and where at...
    R.I.P. Gerry AE7KI.
    Dan , N4GNR

K1LKP likes this.
  2. AI1G

AI1G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gerry was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to talk with on the air. I talked to him a few times since he moved to Tennessee, a few of them when he was mobile. Another voice I will miss very much.
    My prayers to his family.

K1LKP likes this.
  3. G1IZQ

G1IZQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That’s so sad news a great friend we had so many good qso and he lover chatting back with the Vk lads .so RIP MY GOOD FRIEND GERRY so glad I got now you so well.great man great ham .all the very best to the family and his ham friends.from TOM G1izq gday gday Gerry .

K1LKP likes this.
  4. VK4YS

VK4YS Ham Member QRZ Page

Extremely sad news. I spoke also to Gerry on a regular basis and always enjoyed our discussions. A gentleman and a fine operator - a great loss to our Amateur Radio community. All the best to his W and VK family, we are going to miss you greatly, Gerry.

K1LKP likes this.
  5. K2MF

K2MF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am so sorry to read of Gerry's passing. Gerry was an active county hunter and many of us in the county hunting community knew Gerry. He will be missed.

I am wondering if Dan N4GNR or anyone else knows the date that AE7KI became a silent key.

73 Barry K2MF

K1LKP likes this.
  6. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The EMT said the call was about a week ago- which would have been 8-13-22 Dan

7. ON7HJA

ON7HJA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all the contacts Gerry!!
    RIP
    ON7HJA

K1LKP likes this.
  8. K2MF

K2MF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you very much, Dan.

K1LKP likes this.
  9. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Gerhard Rosam, AE7KI SK

[​IMG]

Gerhard Rosam, age 70 of Monroe, TN passed away Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at his residence.

He was born May 12, 1952 in Thalheim, Germany to Franz Joseph Rosam and Ruth (Schwartz) Rosam. He was a business owner in the communications industry. His call number for the Ham Radio was AE7KI.

Gerhard is survived by his Wife: Lynn (Swintek) Rosam; (1) Son: Daniel Luis Rosam; (1) Stepson: Daniel Walter Dahlman; (2) Brothers: Werner Franz Rosam and Bernhard Rosam; (1) Grandchild: Erindi Joan Rosam; (2) Sisters: Ingrid Elizabeth Keene and Karin Margaret Beattie.
    He was preceded in death by his Parents: Franz and Ruth Rosam; (1) Brother: Guenter Rosam.

The family has chosen cremation with a memorial service to be held on Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 2:00 PM from Brown Funeral Chapel.
    Published by Brown Funeral Chapel - Byrdstown on Aug. 22, 2022.
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/gerhard-rosam-obituary?id=36288051

K1LKP likes this.
  10. AD4CW

AD4CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all, yes very sad news about Gerry. I did know Gerry as he lived just across the lake from me and bumped into him from time to time. He always asked what kind of project did I have going on, anything new etc. To clear things up a bit I did not make the call to his home as I was not on shift, I heard the news at the store by his home, someone that knew him and myself told me of the news but no one knew any details. I know he will be missed, he loved to talk shop and show off his display of cards, he let me thumb thru the albums full of them what a collection for sure. RIP Gerry. Marc AD4CW.

K1LKP likes this.
  11. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Shocked. Only spoke to him a short while back....he sounded Chipper.....another sad loss....RIP Gerry.....G4OBB

K1LKP likes this.
  12. VK4SP

VK4SP Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP Gerry :(
    Dave VK4SP
    A SILENT KEY SALUTE OCT 2020.jpg

K1LKP likes this.
  13. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I use to talk to Gerry when he lived in Australia and when he moved to Washington State. And spoke to him several times on the Burkesville Kentucky repeater 147.375 and on the 40 meter band 7.205. So sad to see our friend pass away. He will be missed on the bands...rest in peace Gerry!

K1LKP likes this.
  14. VK4WTN

VK4WTN Ham Member QRZ Page

I only read of Gerry's passing today. I just feel so sad with the news of his passing. I first met Gerry in Wollongong (Australia) when I was 13 years old. I went on and passed my ham exam and Gerry was always a part of that process. I remember Gerry's late night trips from Wollongong to Sydney just to go to his favourite hot dog stall. I also had the pleasure of working with Gerry at Illawarra Communications. After I moved to VK4 Gerry and I always kept in touch on 6M until he moved to the USA. RIP my dear friend Wayne VK4WTN