ad: elecraft

George Politzi K2ZZ SK Age 65 Mr Radio Oasis

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Sep 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA1VT

KA1VT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Total shock! I was just talking to George at Boxboro he was looking forward to playing around with a new flex purchase. Being an avid flea market follower and organizer of our local SARA Spring Fleamarket I get to know many presenters. George was one of the best and fairest! He has helped out many newbies that I brought over to him, because I knew he'd never steer anyone one just for a buck! Sad to find out our loss in the amateur community! George was a good friend and the most wonderful person as you can find on this earth - known him for many years. K2ZZ sk REST IN PEACE BROTHER! See you down the RF road - 73 Chet KA1VT (AKA - KA1ILH)

K2HAT likes this.
  2. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

George was very helpful to me when I was first licensed in Ridgefield, CT. God rest, George.

K2HAT likes this.
  3. G0ELZ

G0ELZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Met George a couple of times on my visit to the USA in 2008.

Very nice guy indeed.

Its always hard to say goodbye to a fellow ham and even harder to say goodbye to old friends from long ago.

RIP George.

K2HAT and MM6KHA like this.
  4. M0NTC

M0NTC Ham Member QRZ Page

R.I.P. George ,, working all the DXCC was some achievement
    thinking of all the family
    Gez M0NTC

K2HAT likes this.
  5. W4KMH

W4KMH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you live and die only having one true friend, you are truly blessed.

KA1VT, K3SX and K2HAT like this.
  6. W2RE

W2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

George ZZ will be missed. RIP OM!

73, Ray W2RE

K2XT and K2HAT like this.
  7. K2WO

K2WO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I found some photos of George from the Dayton Hamvention in 2008. Smiling as always! God Bless you George.

George
    K2WO

DSC01000.jpg DSC01016.jpg

K2XT and K2HAT like this.
  8. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No other hobby has brotherhood bonds like amateur radio. Hard to describe. May God hold him in peace

W2BK likes this.
  9. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Found a couple photos from a Hamfest a few years ago, March 2014, when George had longer hair.

As most of the time he had a cup of coffee. :)

upload_2017-10-2_9-13-19.png

upload_2017-10-2_9-13-49.png

upload_2017-10-2_9-17-41.png

K2XT likes this.
  10. K2HAT

Here is George at Dayton Hamvention HARA Arena May 2016, with W2BK Glenn Cooper at our shared Flea Market spot.

upload_2017-10-2_9-25-12.png

K2XT likes this.
  11. N1GNV

N1GNV Ham Member QRZ Page

He was a good competitor, and a great friend, for many years. We shared a lot of laughs and good times doing the Hamfest "circuit" in the Northeast, including Boxboro just a few weeks ago. 73 and RIP, my friend.
    -- de John Bee, N1GNV

W2BK and K2HAT like this.
  12. K2HAT

Today the ARRL Website has an announcement that George K2ZZ is Silent Key.

http://www.arrl.org/news/radio-oasis-proprietor-george-politzi-k2zz-sk

Radio Oasis Proprietor George Politzi, K2ZZ, SK
    10/03/2017
    Radio Oasis proprietor George Politzi, K2ZZ, of Loudonville, New York, died unexpectedly on September 19. He was 65 and had been a radio amateur for nearly 50 years. Politzi’s was a familiar face among the vendors at various hamfests around the eastern US, marketing his company’s antenna products, and he was a regular QST advertiser. Most recently, he attended the New England Division Convention in Massachusetts.
    In 2014, he was among the exhibitors at the ARRL National Centennial Convention, to which he donated some antennas. Politzi especially enjoyed DXing and was on the #1 DXCC Honor Roll.
    A memorial funeral mass was held on September 28 in Albany, New York. The family has invited memorial donations to the National kidney Foundation, 30 East 33rd Str, New York, NY 10016 — Thanks to Tom Frenaye, K1KI, and Lee Hatfield Jr, K2HAT

upload_2017-10-3_13-50-24.png

13. K1PN

K1PN Ham Member QRZ Page

George OM, I will miss you...

K2HAT likes this.
  14. AI4HO

AI4HO Ham Member QRZ Page

What a great tribute to your friend, may he rest well. I too have a friend from my Army Days, we have been friends for almost 40 years....wow I just realized doing the math we have been friends for almost 40 years. My friend is a recovering alcoholic, had a quintuple by pass a few years ago, plus other serious health concerns. i haven't been spared either 2 diagnosed pin diseases, that have come about during my career in law enforcement, finally getting really messed up in a prison riot which ultimately led to my subsequent, medical retirement. was born in 57 a great year to be sure, not too much younger than y'all 5 years when your a kid is a lot, after about age 50 it's not. Sorry for your loss, I pray that your new kidney gives you a long and happy life, be well, stay safe, God bless.

15. KZ3H

KZ3H Ham Member QRZ Page

Brothers and Sisters take care of yourselves and one and other. Cherish the moments we can QSO.

de KZ3H

K2XT likes this.