ad: portazero-1

Gene E. Mc Call, WA4OAU SK June 24, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Jul 8, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Gene E. Mc Call, WA4OAU SK

SK June 24, 2015

MDN017901-1_20150707.jpg

Gene McCall

Mr. Gene E. McCall, age 76, formerly of Murfreesboro, TN, passed away suddenly on June 24, 2015. Gene was riding his prize motorcycle "The Hack" and headed to be with the love of his life, Mabel, at their new home in Temple, GA when he was struck by another motorist.

Gene had retired as a Federal employee in 1997 and worked for the Murfreesboro Police Department for over fifteen years when he retired from his position this past May. An avid Ham Radio operator and motorcycle enthusiast, he would want us all to remember his joy for life. Gene would say to us all... "I was doing what I loved".

Gene is survived by the love of his life and wife of 53 years, Mabel Watson Mccall. He is also survived by his son, Tim McCall (wife Lori) and granddaughter, Emma of Grove City, Ohio; his daughter, Melissa Edmondson (husband Billy) and grandchildren, Elisabeth (husband Mark), Matthew (wife Erica), Brandon (wife Madison and Gene's great-grandson, Patrick), Stephen, Noah, Mary Catherine, James; step grandchildren, Bethanie (great-granddaughter, Sydney), Cahlie, and Ansllie, all of West GA. He is also survived by his brother, Robert McCall and sister, Mary Fox, both of Tennessee.
    Gene was preceded in death by his grandson, Joshua and his brothers, Joe Jr. and Kenneth McCall.
    A visitation was held Monday, June 29, 2015 at J. Collins Funeral Home. Following the visitation, the body was cremated.
    A Memorial service will be held 11 a.m., July 11, 2015 at Jennings and Ayers Funeral Home, Murfreesboro, TN (615) 893-2422.

Funeral Home
    JENNINGS AYERS FUNERAL HOME
    820 S CHURCH ST
    Murfreesboro, TN 37130-4928
    (615) 893-2422

Published in The Daily News Journal on July 8, 2015
    - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dn...pid=175238930&fhid=11029#sthash.7TUfKTLe.dpuf

From his QRZ Bio page.

I am located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, about 30 miles south east of Nashville.
    I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for almost 29 years, , and was very active in the Atlanta radio club.
    I am now retired except for a 20 hour per week part time job with the Murfreesboro Police Department, answering the phone, etc.

My other hobby is riding motorcycles. I own, a 2000 Honda ST1100 with an 08 Hannigan side car. In the summer of 2008, after a massive heart attack in late 2007 I rode the ST to Alaska and back across Canada, a trip of some 15,256 miles. MY second bike is an antique, a 1983 Honda GL650I. It spent most of its life in a museum and only had 2700 miles on the clock when I bought it.
    My co-pilot on the trip to Alaska/Canada was VK3ZIE, Don from Melbourne, Au.
    We stay in touch via echolink, using my iPhone and a link in Melbourne.