ad: cq2k-1

Foy F. Flowers, W4FOY SK November 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Nov 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Foy F. Flowers, W4FOY SK

[​IMG]

In Memory of
    Foy F. Flowers
    August 18, 1941 - November 21, 2017
    Obituary

Foy F. Flowers, 76, passed away on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at the Hospice Home in High Point. Foy was born on August 12, 1941 in Mecklenburg County, NC, the son of Horace Foy and Ollie Beavers Flowers. He was employed with Gilbarco in the assembly division until his retirement. Foy was an active member of Friendly Ave. Baptist Church for the past 21 years. He was a Ham Radio operator and a member of the Gate City Lions Club. Foy family was very important to him and he always enjoyed time spent with family and friends. He will be deeply missed.

Foy is survived by his loving wife of 55 years, Marie M. Flowers of the home; daughter, Stacy King and husband Josh of Pleasant Garden, NC; son, Jonathan David Flowers of Greensboro, NC; two grandsons, Zachary and Alexander King; four sisters, Ann Lineberger and husband Ronald of Gastonia, NC, Patricia Bruscia, Martha Ganes and Leslie Clenney and husband Todd, all of Charlotte, NC and numerous nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Sunday, 2:00 pm at Friendly Avenue Baptist Church with Pastor Terry Smith officiating. Burial will follow at Lakeview Memorial Park. The family will receive friends at the church on Sunday from 1:00 pm till service time.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Hospice of the Piedmont, 1803 Westchester Drive, High Point, NC 27262.

Online condolences may be made at www.haneslineberryfuneralhomes.com

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...Foy-Flowers&lc=7295&pid=187318911&mid=7649820

2. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Foy was a dear friend and a real gentleman. I hadn't been in touch with Foy for several years because a job change required my having to move. I thought of Foy often and every time I was in Greensboro, I listened for him on the area repeaters. I will miss Foy. But, since I am only 6 years younger than he was, I will see him again soon. Rest in peace my dear friend. I'll see you on the other side.
    73 John K4AGO