ad: elecraft

Florida Ham Agrees to Penalty for Failure to Identify

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KS2G, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. M0JFK

M0JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not wearing my glasses here MI0AIH but is that the star of David in the avitar of yours???

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope.

It was a total non-sequitar on his part. Go read my post.

What I said , to paraphrase, was 'if you don't like what you hear, spin the knob.' Go read my post.

In doing so, as explained IN THE POST, some are presumably not TEMPTED to engage in illegal activity. Go read my post.

If you turn away from something you dont like, you wont be jamming, burping, coo-cooing, music-ing, re-transmitting, swearing, threatening, etc.

Just because you don't LIKE something does not imply ILLEGALITY in that something. Go read my post.

Unless you wish to empower me to make BRUSSELS SPROUTS--which I hate-- ILLEGAL.

Go read my post.

Get it ? Got it? Good.

3. EI2IV

EI2IV Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess the FCC have bigger fish to fry? This is just amateur radio so probably well down their priority order. While one of the main players today is Canadian he is relativity new on the 14.313 scene it has been mostly american hams over the years. One of the earlier conflicts is reputed by some to have started when communications from the infamous Jim Jones's Peoples Temple (Jonestown) in Guyana were jammed while being relayed back to the US illegally, but most recent conflicts were over something of nothing. The Canadian mentioned is a master of yanking American hams chains and unfortunately a lot of them react badly. Both sides bait each other daily so it can get get quite heated, it can be either entertaining or very ugly at times, and occasionally it can even be reasonably normal lol

When it gets ugly just spin that VFO ;-)

James EI2IV

4. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

At the Chicago Exposition, today we would call it a World's Fair, Tesla demonstrated a vessel in a big tank of water that was also submersible. The fact that it was radio controlled is usually not remembered. The Marconi proponents leap to say that it was a form of Induction Control as if a coil generating an electronic filed is not the same as "radio transmission" because they don't want to see the words "wireless control" associated with it lest they see years of books written about Marconi be found less than accurate.

Tesla had two detractors: Marconi and Edison. The difference was that while Tesla had the ideas and practically lived in a laboratory, Marconi and Edison were men who made those ideas industrial playgrounds and extremely profitable. Armstrong got a taste of the same medicine and it ended up bad for him, too. But there was another man who had more honorable ventures with Tesla: George Westinghouse.

Westinghouse got the contract for the Niagara Falls electric generation plant and he hired Tesla to design it. Tesla did design the plant, even the generators that are still producing electricity today. They were designed to be vertically mounted, not horizontal as most are today. The generators were powered by turbines that were "floating" on a column of water that took much of the burden off the bearings. Westinghouse was wise enough to get Steinbeck to design the power distribution system so the power could be sent to New York City, etc. Steinbeck was an Edison man... The deal between Westinghouse and Tesla? That Tesla would get One Dollar per Horsepower (1HP = 746W). After the plant was in operation, one of Westinghouse's accountants showed his boss that if they paid Tesla what was agreed to, it would bankrupt Westinghouse. Therefore, Westinghouse went to Tesla and explained the problem. Tesla shook hands with Westinghouse and canceled the agreement.

Would Marconi or Edison have been so charitable as to cancel a debt by a handshake where they would be made millionaires? This kind of proposition would be a joke to them. But, then...Tesla was a gentleman and Westinghouse was his friend. Business then and today is mostly comprised of people who put business first and honor farther down the list.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

You still do not capiche, ¿comprendes? Of course not... Because you do not see that the original post was to say mostly that a better way needed to be found to report complaints to the FCC and have them operated upon. NOT about spinning the dial. But you will see what you will see, like seeing a forest and not the trees.

6. KN4VFM

KN4VFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Every time i have a direct, willful, ILLEGAL violation directed towards one of my QSO's I fill out this form. Don't sit on your hands and grit your teeth....report it. It's not hard, and the more complaints they get the more likely it is that the same people/areas will show up, which is the low hanging fruit they need. Here's a link to the FCC complaint department. I have it bookmarked on my station computer.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us?return_to=/hc/en-us/requests

KK5R likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, almost.

Try this:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38844

Just keep in mind that you need to stick to facts. If you dont have facts, then don't speculate; the FCC is not your vehicle to 'punk' someone, or worse. That can backfire against you in court.

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Now bunky, I mean, really: what do I know about what --I-- wrote?

You are the self-proclaimed expert. Quite a yarn,

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a nice smoothed-edges description. 'The Truth About Tesla' has a nice section detailing the somewhat different reality.

Tesla was an effete, bipolar, weird person; a germophobe; an obsessive lover of pigeons.

And a genius.

10. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Us Geeniusses aint normal...

Ed

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeh, but...

PIGEONS???

12. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

We have macaws... 3 at the moment & have had up to 18 parrots at one time.... Along with a couple doves.

Ed

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

May I presume you are not an:"obsessive lover of PIGEONS"?

Hey Ed--that's not fair buddy:) I know where you are.

Ed and his wife do excellent work---

http://parrotnation.com/2012/10/03/bonnie-grafton-thoughts-on-kanab-and-best-friends/

Tell Lori Marino that Chip Cohen says..'Hi'....

-------------------------------------------------------------

"There was one special pigeon...I loved her like a man loves a woman"--Nikola Tesla. Quoted by ONeill in PRODIGAL GENIUS.

"His Hair was Perfect"--WZ

14. K3CRM

K3CRM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Complaints" from whom, other HAMs ratting each other out? I don't think I like that, even if K3TW was wrong.

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That happens , we should assume, daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.