ad: elecraft

First amateur radio in geosynchronous orbit

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Dec 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K5TLL

K5TLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, that knocks the 2 mil hams down to a handful. Something to work toward. Glad I saved that old 10ft dish in the back yard.

2. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Look folks, it's a super secret squirrel frequency so quit asking!

4. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

At first I thought the the input bands were a bad thing. Then after thinking about it I think it's a good thing. If it was too easy it would sound like 75m in no time. Operators that invest are normally more respectful. Gateways can have other controls.

I am going to see what it would take to get on these bands. I've been mostly HF over the years with a little VHF/UHF ops, but that has faded. I used to listen to repeaters for background type listening. But I found that I couldn't tolerate that much any more. I'm getting to be a grumpy old man.

Thanks,

Ed

5. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like listening will be pretty cheap and easy. Transmitting on the other hand appears to be a bit more involved and expensive. Anybody got any good links to hams already doing this? Search engines aren't making me happy!

Thanks,

Ed

6. KC7NOA

KC7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KC7NOA

WEll .. i guess power usage is a concern ....

Im not sure how to implement DVB-S2 or DVB-T with the equipment i already have .... iv only have 24Khz of Tx bandwidth !!!!

8. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Phase 4B progress.

KA2CZU likes this.
  9. KC7NOA

That LNB is terrible -- DRO ... you can get PLL LNB's now ... change out the crystal to drop into 10Ghz ...

10. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I only HOPE that when this FANTASTIC DEVICE is launched and put into "GEO-ORBIT" that the (CIRCUITRY) has been "HARDENED" to PREVENT "CME" DESTRUCTION OF THE "ON-BOARD DEVICES" or it will be as USELESS AS CELL PHONES OR ANY OTHER COM DEVICE, especially in cases of "Human tragedies" whether from a national prospective OR GLOBAL as ALL solid-state devices are susceptable to RF RADIATION !!! :-/

11. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Genuine paranoid gibberish"!

No, it won't be hardened. It will be built with parts and techniques available to amateurs on a budget. No, all solid state devices are NOT susceptible to RF radiation (whatever that means). sigh.

12. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

SIGH??? Well I guess u NERDS DON'T KNOW ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE (EMP). in this case same damn thing, OL'SOL WILL WIN & DESTROY!!! SIGH!!!

13. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the punctual update!

14. W6RZ

15. W6RZ