ad: Radclub22-1

Firefighting Hams

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB3JOS, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KB3JOS

KB3JOS Guest

Well I hope this is the proper place to post this. I have searched the net for a place for Fire service people who are interested in Amateur Radio. Since I found nothing I decided to create a Yahoo group for this purpose. The group can be found at Here!

So if you are a member of the fire service or just interested in it, then please check out the group.

Chuck
    KB3JOS

2. W3EMA

W3EMA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Am firefighter, secretray and PIO for our company
    Bill
    W3EMA

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i was a call firefighter (aka cellar saver ) lol, and i a ham, we had several members of our department who were also hams.

4. KB1KSM

KB1KSM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am in the US Coast Guard (for a bit yet, waiting for my retirement paperwork to go through), and in my massive spare time (/end sarcasm) I'm a volunteer firefighter in my home town of Thomaston Maine. And a HAM. [​IMG]

5. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT-B. There are no other Hams in my department. After the Chief saw me using Ham Radio during Hurricane shelter operations and emergency drills in recent years he had no problems with letting me install a Radio Shack 2M mobile on our station's radio desk for me to use during severe weather or any other emergency. He knows that if all hell breaks loose and we lose the use of our super duper 800MHZ trunked radio system, I will still be able to contact the State OEM via my ham radio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.