ad: CQMM-1

Fire Rescue Electronics Technician Opening - Palm Beach County

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N4DES, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4DES

N4DES Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W2ZB

W2ZB Guest

Tnx for posting this. I am purchasing a Winter home in the area and am looking for a retirement job. They requested I fax them my resume, which I did do. However, I was advised that at this time, they cannot meet my salary requirements. The posted pay rate for this position is much lower than what I want. Seems there may an opening coming up soon that may meet my salary requirements.

3. N4DES

N4DES Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure thing but the starting salary can be negotiated if the agency really wants someone, well of course within reason. You can't walk in requesting the top out or above the paygrade.

What job did they say they had opening soon that was higher? I'm in the same building and know of none coming up, at least in their radio shop.

4. N4EU

N4EU Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy Crap! Time to stop fighting fires and taking people to the hospital and time to switch over to playing radio for a living! $26.50/Hr starting pay with an AS degree? Geez, I'm in the wrong career field!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.