ad: Mountaingoat-1

Field Day Warm-Up from HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, May 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Need to get the Field Day juices flowing? Maybe introduce the event to a new or prospective ham?

Over the years, I've produced a big handful of Field Day videos through HamRadioNow, it's 'parent' production company ARVN, and for my local club. And I've put together a YouTube playlist to make them easier to find.

Among them is my full documentary, The Last BIG Field Day, documenting the monster operation at W3AO, which reported in as 51A in 2004. I sold that on DVD for about a decade, then put it online for everyone.

There are a couple of On the Road tours to stations around my home state (North Carolina) showing off multiple Field Day operations. My friend Jeff AC4ZO and I ran a GOTA station for several years, and we made a couple of shows out of that — one of them includes a unique Antenna Launching Contest that was a lot of fun. I've tossed in some news/media stories and some HRN discussion shows featuring Field Day, and I've got a few short clips, too, including a look at all YL station and a crossbow antenna raising from way back in 1990.

I've embedded links in the text above, but the easy way to check them all out is to look at the YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL24Rak2jsMJTBN-nP_-Xu3n6LI3axOUAo

You can play any of the videos at your club meetings, in-person or online. There are no copyright, music or licensing issues, but unless you have a YouTube Premium account, you'll see commercials ahead of most of them. Those come from YouTube, not me or HRN.

Happy Field Day! 73, Gary KN4AQ

KD5BVX likes this.
  2. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Gary! Always good to hear from you!

K4AAQ likes this.