ad: Radclub22-1

Explanation for strange band conditions?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4SOL, Dec 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9AWX

W9AWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought chemtrails were the result of eating Taco Bell.

WA2LXB, G3SEA and N5VAF like this.
  2. NG5O

NG5O Ham Member QRZ Page

In the US, at least, our education system has been seriously compromised by a leftist political agenda, with the result that people aren't taught critical thinking skills. Predictably, they're willing to believe pretty much anything, especially if it's on "the internet", where they spend a lot of time. These factors are an incubator for the conspiracy stuff so prevalent there. It's a shame, but it is, what it is.

IK0TIX likes this.
  3. K4SOL

K4SOL Ham Member QRZ Page

So you dont think putting enough power to run a small city into the ionosphere, heating it up and changing the atmosphere in an area the size of England couldn't possibly have any effect on anything? I didn't say it was making strange band conditions I said "possible". Who knows? I think it is possible it could effect radio propagation in some way, maybe even change it over a long period of time. I'll bet the ones doing the experiment dont even know all possible side effects. I guess its a joke to some folks, but this kind of stuff ( and yes the US does it too) does concern me a little. One of these days one of these "experiments for military purposes" is going to come back and bite us.

4. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear David, unfortunately it is not just a problem in the United States. Believe me
    I'm afraid it's a global problem. In fact we are discussing a Chinese article.
    As you say, it is a time when there is no critical judgment. The opposite of the truth is also true and...
    ..."the truth is out there!" Chris Carter created a monster ;))))

NA4RA and NG5O like this.
  5. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Red Lectroids from Planet 10 by way of the 8th dimension.

6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I suggest you do a little back of the envelope calculation of how much "heating" per square meter that could amount to, compare it to other sources of energy (hint: the sun) and get back to us.

WZ7U and WQ4G like this.
  7. NG5O

NG5O Ham Member QRZ Page

Totally agree. Can we hug? ;)

IK0TIX likes this.
  8. CT7ANG

CT7ANG Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I know why the bands are dead this morning. Wife has "swamp gas" so I got up early

WA2LXB likes this.
  9. CT7ANG

CT7ANG Ham Member QRZ Page

Wife had "swamp gas" this morning. Low bands were dead when I got up ;)

WA2LXB likes this.
  10. IK0TIX

of course! It's only 5821.2mi in Short Path :)

WQ4G likes this.
  11. IK0TIX

A well-known newspaper has just announced that the ozone hole has moved from the Antarctic to Portugal.
    Obviously the Portuguese government and the European Union deny it.

CT7ANG likes this.
  12. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

If the wife covered your head while emitting "Swamp Gas".... Over here. that's known as "Biker Fore(Censored)ay"
    Ymmv

13. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Get a room.

14. NG5O

NG5O Ham Member QRZ Page

No need. On this topic, I'd hug the guy in bright sunlight.

He's 100% right and I agree with him - we have nothing to hide "in a room". The dirty little secret is, public education is crippling peoples' ability to make fact-based critical decisions, and those of us who see it have an obligation to expose it.

So there ya go.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  15. KC1CHJ

KC1CHJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I drove past a Taco Bell the other day. Why does a Mexican Telephone company have store fronts in the USA?