ad: Schulman-1

Ed Skibinski N2NJJ-SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N4NJJ, Feb 12, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4NJJ

N4NJJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ed Skibinski N2NJJ of the City of Tonawanda went SK at 3:30 PM on Friday, February 9, 2024. He had been dealing with complications from a long-time illness. I received word of his passing from his wife, Lynn. Funeral arrangements will be shared this coming week via the Buffalo News. Here is the link to his obituary from the funeral home: https://www.frettholdandhamp.com/obituary/Edward-Skibinski

Per his obituary, there will be a visitation at Fretthold and Hamp Cremation and Funeral Services (37 Adam Street in Tonawanda) on February 14 from 4 PM to 7 PM. Ed will be interred at Elmlawn Cemetary on February 15 at 10 AM.

Ed, or as many of us called him "One Watt Ed" or "Echo Delta," was a fixture in the Western New York/Southern Ontario ham simplex community. He was frequently heard on 146.415 MHz, 146.520 MHz, and 147.525 MHz. Known for his signature audio and sense of humor, he was always good for a good laugh. He always insisted that he only used "one watt" to make simplex contacts all over Western New York.

Ed and I kept in touch long after I moved from Williamsville to Las Vegas in 2013. We frequently had QSOs on the K9KVN and VA3WAJ repeaters in that area via AllStar to my repeater network in Las Vegas. When those options weren't available, we kept in touch via text and phone.

I will miss our conversations and will remember our 19 years of friendship. 73, my friend. Thanks for the laughs!

73 de Bill N4NJJ in Las Vegas, NV (formerly of Williamsville, NY)