ad: Halibut-1

CQ World Wide WPX Going On This Weekend...

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W5BIB, May 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really? I worked a lot of them as well and they were S9+20 but that was from my remote station in Germany (DK5TRI) :). Didn't hear any EU here on 20 from my house.
    Only played for two or three hours as I had a house project getting in the way. Made a whopping 50 Qs.

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. 20 & 40 were hopping.

3. AA0CW

AA0CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dabbled a bit, worked Morocco. I thought it was fun.

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Only played around for a few hours Saturday night & worked 41 stations, mostly on 20, a few on 15. Ended up with about 18 countries (mostly EU) - But it was fun hearing the activity.

I never cease to be amazed at what 15 watts output & a low 40m OCF inverted "L" dipole can do !! :)

I never even got on 40m, 20m was hopping even at 2 a.m. here.

Steve / W5BIB

5. K5TRI

Not a beep down here. My antenna sucks I guess. Ah well .. plenty mults to work from my other station :).

73 Mike DK5TRI

6. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not valid test. They do not comply with the requirements of the IARU for participants.

7. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked seek and pounce mode, 10 thru 80 meters. So far, two new countries are confirmed on LoTW. It was great to hear activity on 10 and 15 meters.

8. K5TRI

And as usual for this forum, a loud fart with no substance. Care to explain why it's not valid (assuming you know)?

9. US7IGN

https://www.cqwpx.com/searchbycall.htm?cl=d1dnr&submit=Go

Care to explain why do you think there are legal callsigns which were complies IARU requirements in link? Do you think it is valid contest with invalid callsigns? Good luck in contest with pirates!

10. K5TRI

So by your logic because there is a seemingly invalid call sign entered into the contest, the whole contest is not valid? I don't think I want to live on the planet you're from.

[​IMG]

11. US7IGN

Maybe I'm from the planet K-PAX, but it seems to me the essence of the competition is in the rules and their observance. Or do you think that if there is one hockey player with a stick will play in the baseball team, is it just to add entertainment and will not make effect the result?
    Your planet is unquestionably more original than mine.

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

What planet is yours? Really curious now, actually ;)

You can't come back with "K-PAX" cuz that was proven by Hollywood to be made-up :)

Otherwise, I had a bit of fun in the contest, despite a really crappy antenna until I get my "good antennas" in the air soon :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K5TRI likes this.
  13. DAVIDRADIO

DAVIDRADIO QRZ Member

Pretty good conditions on 20 meters