ad: Radclub22-1

CQ Magazine Calls on FCC to Resume Amateur Enforcement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K5XIT

K5XIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not think there is any.

2. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

ENFORCEMENT?

They have a tough time finding ANYONE who qualifies who wants the job at that pay scale.The problem will NOT get any better very soon.Could NOT believe Riley stayed as long as he did.FEDS are NOT going to FUND ENFORCEMENT actions either.

Clayton
    W4KVW:rolleyes:

3. K0RU

K0RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Bullies will be Bullies

When the teacher is not on the play ground, the bullies will be bullies its a fact of every day life. Without enforcement you have Chaos.

4. AA1MN

AA1MN Ham Member QRZ Page

If your experiencing "Chaos" over this it's time to stand back and re-evaluate you life. You, the FCC, and Government do not have the right to decide what others listen to.

“The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen.” - Tom Smothers

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

did you happen to miss this part of the article?:"This type of behavior was all too common before Sheriff' Riley came to town a decade ago," noted Moseson, "and it quickly disappeared once it became obvious that someone in authority was paying attention."

6. KD6IL

KD6IL Ham Member QRZ Page

7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm on 75 most every night yukk'ing it up in Alaska. Why don't you join us?

8. AH2I

AH2I Ham Member QRZ Page

Ping, you've struck gold!

Thank you for that one. People can't come down hard on the fcc for what someone else is doing in a foreign country. The fcc has no juresdiction outside these 50 states.

Good One!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  9. AH2I

AH2I Ham Member QRZ Page

California Raisins

Not only does "6" land have to most amount of hams, they have the coolest hams too. I like California, they have fun!!! Which is what this hobby is suppose to be about anyways.

10. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

You can always count on someone from the old guard bringing in that dead equine about how all of the "new blood" has "ruined" amateur radio. That dog won't hunt, as the bad behavior described has been performed for YEARS on bands newcomers had no legal access to, by so called "seasoned amateurs" with FULL amateur radio privileges. THEY should know better, but it seems these sage souls forgot all about the rules that govern our service.

I'm so sorry I don't send Morse at 20 wpm plus, lack the desire to build a receiver from a cat food can and a bunch of junk drawer parts, and walk around a ham fest having not bathed or shaved in a week. After all, isn't THAT the measure of a TRUE Amateur Radio operator? The REAL "manly man"? Ask anyone outside the hobby about the amateur service and they will tell you amateur radio is full of smelly old men with a lack of social skills and a house full of electrical junk. They might even think some with a ticket are too weird to expose their children to. Do YOU fit that stereotype?

Give it a rest! And while you are at it, turn that energy you spend bitching about newbies, head back to the schoolhouse, and learn how to SPELL!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  11. W9JR

W9JR Ham Member QRZ Page

When I took my General "way back when", there were no VE's. I had to travel 150 miles (one way) to Milwaukee to a government building to take the code test. And, no, I didn't have a "good old boy" buddy down there ... I passed the test. The written test involved drawing a schematic of a Colpitt's oscillator, very much unlike written tests today. You're right, though, no system is perfect. But, I doubt your statement about "paying" for CSCE's. I really don't think you know what you're talking about. 73

12. AH2I

AH2I Ham Member QRZ Page

No Doubt

I have a lot of respect for people like you. I have a ham radio study book with theory, questions & answers (no multiple choice) from the year 1930.

13. W4BRX

W4BRX Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC Enforcement

What a vivided example of the old saying, "People respect what you inspect, not what you expect." 73's Jim W4BRX

14. WA0MNA

WA0MNA Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings! First, thanks for the info., wasn't aware of the present situation.
    Agree completely that a strong dedicated individual be appointed asap.
    My observation is, that a large, very large, percentaqe of the infractions are "NOT" committed by new hams. Is the Official Observer program still in operation. 73 Vance

15. W4MKH

W4MKH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear about the problems your area experienced. That was not the case in Duvall and St. Johns counties here in NE Florida. ARES manned the EOC and 3 shelters ( manned 1 of them) in St. Johns and I think Duvall manned 7 shelters.

Question - did you answer the call for volunteers? If so then "Thanks!".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.