ad: wmr-1

Cessation of I R C's

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by G3TMB, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VE3OIJ

VE3OIJ QRZ Lifetime Member #42 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I agree, my return rate is pretty good although I've never really calculated it. I use bureau and direct with postage. Without a doubt the worst offending country on my list for not returning cards despite my inclusion of money for postage is actually the USA. Although to temper that I will say that a good many US amateurs return the greenstamp, and I am grateful for their courtesy. I've poured many $ into Idaho amateurs trying to get a card for that state, for example. Even a "haha thanks for the money!" from Idaho would be a welcome acknowledgement at this point.

in the last 8 years, I've been burned on unrequited, but greenstamped cards for maybe... $100? Not enough to really get in a twist over.

2. W0GDS

W0GDS Ham Member QRZ Page

I learned of the demise of IRC's in US too via the postal people who had no idea
    of what they were, and not enough licensees were asking for them. This is a program
    that needs to be updated globally so operators can use a form of IRC and be able
    to authenticate them w/o a postal stamp. W0GDS

3. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I stopped using them because the local post office folks would stare at them like a monkey doing a math problem.

4. VE3OIJ

VE3OIJ QRZ Lifetime Member #42 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Assuming your post office is like ours, that would be different than any other day at the post office how?

5. KU9C

KU9C Ham Member QRZ Page

IRCS needed? I've got them!

If anyone needs IRCs, I have several as part of handling QSL cards for DX stations. Shoot me an email...

73 Steve KU9C

6. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Strange, I redeemed four IRCs just the other day for postage to Japan x3 and Spain.

7. WB9UDA

WB9UDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in 1970 I was a duly licensed Citizen Band Radio operator. Every transmission included my call sign.
    I had a shoebox full of Q-Cards and I sent as many as I got. It was a fun part of radio communication.
    But, I've never done a QSL card since I've been a ham, because all of my contacts have been on 2M FM and we just don't keep a log or QSL to people we talk to. Maybe we should?

An alternate way to send a card would be via E-Mail. Include your card as a .jpg file attached to an email (or a PM) and if the recipient want's something to stick on their wall, they can just print it out and stick it! And if they want data and time on the card, they can 'write it in'.

Speaking of..... I've tried to email old friends that I've looked up at ARRL or QRZ.com and in most cases, the email address has changed and never updated. I have pulled up my own stats to make sure that all my information is current.

Sorry if I've drifted a little off topic. Oldsters often do that. :)

Cheers Mates!
    WB9UDA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.