ad: HamHats-1

Buying Ham gear Online - Do's & Don'ts - K6UDA Radio Episode 24

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Aug 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Want to get the killer deal on used ham radio gear but don't want to get ripped off? Watch this episode. Plus a mini review of the MFJ 148RC dual time clock & some details on the big KX2 giveaway.

2. W5AMG

W5AMG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really good common-sense info as most folks just don't take the time to do any research. Investing a little time
    in product/seller research can save you money and confirm what an item might be worth, not to mention keeping
    you from getting ripped off. Most sellers are credible, but...

Guess I'm going to buy one of those little MFJ clocks, good job Bob!

Tommy KH6TA

3. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish there were Amateur Radio pawn shops Hi Hi Ha Ha , Respectfully submitted KB3WGE a.k.a. "SPARKS" p.s. 73's ALL Jimi !!!!!!!!!!!

K9PLG likes this.
  4. KD2DUG

KD2DUG Ham Member QRZ Page

good information thanks

davey glad neversad
    kd2dug

5. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The newest of ebay/PayPal policies have also slammed the door on unscrupulous BUYERS. There was a day when you'd be immediately refunded with little to no investigation by ebay and thereby burning the sellers but, those days are gone. (High dollar/high 100%feedback sellers. like myself, have caused at least 2 policy changes)

Otherwise, good job Robert.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  6. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Excuse me, you are totally wrong on that. It is actually worse now than it was 10 years ago.

K3RW and W2WRX like this.
  7. WS1C

WS1C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do not sell on eBay any more, did a lot 5 years ago, but high cost and siding with buyers drove me away. Have had great results with QRZ.

WF9Q and (deleted member) like this.
  8. KC8WIK

KC8WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I liked the comment about pricing gear, some think their stuff is gold, some don't really know what they got. I will search for the latter.

9. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

There is already! It's called "QRZ.com"! :)

Ed

10. W5EN

W5EN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have on 3 different occasions found ham radios at pawn shops, and one old Hallicrafters transmitter at a flea market. You never know!