ad: Retevis-1

Brian W. Poellnitz, N4BWP SK October 22, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Oct 23, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Brian W. Poellnitz, N4BWP SK

SK October 22, 2015

In Memory of
    Brian Wade Poellnitz
    September 7, 1972 - October 22, 2015

NORTHPORT | Brian W. Poellnitz, age 43, of Northport, died October 22, 2015, at DCH Regional Medical Center. Graveside service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, October 25, 2015, at Dunning Cemetery with with Jerry Gaddy officiating and Memory Chapel Funeral Home, a Dignity Memorial Provider, directing.
    Survivors include his daughter, Marlee Poellnitz and parents, Gerald and Lydia Poellnitz.
    Brian was a loving father and dedicated son. He was involved in radio for nearly twenty years. Brian was active in Hamm Radio during his free time. He also enjoyed bowling with his bowling team.
    Brian was a broadcast engineer at the University of Alabama. He was an active member of Gilgal Baptist Church.
    Published in Tuscaloosa News on Oct. 24, 2015
    - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tu...pid=176202634&fhid=10320#sthash.k8hoAkjk.dpuf

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Bio from Brian's QRZ page.
    Once again a resident of Tuscaloosa, AL (third time I've lived here). Been a ham since 1994, and been wearing N4BWP since Y2K. My main interests in the hobby are repeaters, 802.11x packet, and internet linking. Current project : Regional linked repeater system for Heart Of Dixie Communications Partners in support of E-Comm in the west Alabama area.

I currently maintain three repeater systems for Heart of Dixie. The 147.220+ machine in Moundville, AL, the 146.685- machine in Carrollton,AL, and the 442.375+ machine in Tuscaloosa, which links the VHF repeaters, extending coverage into East Mississippi. All HODCP repeaters carry the callsign K4CR. The HODCP system is definitely a work in progress at the moment, but things are shaping up and hopefully the system will be at full capability soon.

Another interest is low-band FM on 6 and 10 meters. I'd like to hear from other hams in the West Alabama area interested in stirring up some activity on those bands.

After upgrading to General and then Amateur Extra class, I have become involved with the South Coast Amateur Radio Service, (SouthCARS or SCARS). We have a great net that meets on 40 meters, 7.251 MHz, 1300-1500 GMT and 1700-1900 GMT daily. It's a great first net for newcomers, or a great "next" net for veterans! http://www.southcars.com for info. I can also be found on 20 and 40 meter PSK31, usually near the customary calling frequencies. Hope to hear you on the bands soon!