ad: TinyPaddle-1

Brian Crow, K3VR issued $11,500 fine by FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

For the record, I was referring to the less than pleasant remark you made to Dr. Cohen.

No, you don't need my permission. I am not on staff here or elsewhere. Nor do I want to be. Suffice to say that there are quite a few who should actually be happy about that... I would tend to be a little less pleasant about certain rules infractions, I would tolerate much less of a "gray" area, and a little quicker to take appropriate action. (That is not intended as a criticism of anyone in a staff position, simply saying I'd be a little less forgiving... which is one of the reasons why I tend to decline invitations for that honor)

2. KF7TDD

KF7TDD Ham Member QRZ Page

my thought is the letter would need to be one that has to be singed for and then the other point the agents should have went to the house when they heard found the noise not wait until latter in the day. so go fcc but i don't think we should praise them just yet we do not know all the facts.

jeremy KF7TDD

3. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a small sample of VE7KFM:

http://www.va3rlg.com/lids-in-action-.html

Do not play these around minors.
    graphic profanity.

Listen to the above recordings of VE7KFM made recently, and see if Mr. Hollingsworth was wrong in calling him a fruitcake. I think he was spot on.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, you mean 'Explicit profanity". If it was graphic it would have photos or video.

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

1. I don't have to justify anything the FCC does.
    2. Having pinpoint DF accuracy, and transmitter 'fingerprinting" does not mean the FCC must use it for enforcement.

6. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Listen to the California transplant. I was born in California. I like Alabama better.

7. N4GKS

What the hell is that? A timer?

8. NI7I

NI7I Guest

You need to visit your friendly dictionary. You are so wrong it's almost funny.

9. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Yep, see the light on it, Heathkit had the feature of "IDENTIFY" in that little box, so it was alert you every 10 minutes...LOL

10. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope you stayed long enough to get your education there...... :)

11. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a Heathkit Station Monitor. Clock, 10 minute timer to help the long winded remember and an SWR/power meter. I guess you weren't on the air in the mid to late '60s. (At least with an amateur license) One of the classics of the SB series. A nice collectable if you can find a clean one.

12. K9XR

K9XR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You mean Morse Code, Right? Just want to make sure!

13. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Yep, tuned across 313 to see if it was quiet now and of course, the idiot canadian is spewing rhethoric again...bait...

14. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Chip W1YW,

You always struck me as a smart person. How did you ever get dragged into that mess?

15. N4GKS

Never seen that piece of equipment before. Pretty ingenious for the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.