ad: AbAuRe-1

Breathtaking solar eruption

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0JKT, Aug 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

You are cherry picking and everyone with a brain knows it. There are magnetic anomaly's far beyond the south Atlantic anomaly and I mentioned them in my response. But please stick to your guns. Time will show who the fool is.

All anyone knows is there are changes occurring more rapidly than before and we have only recently begun record keeping (200 years) Beyond that only core samples give us an indication on what is occurring. Scientists know we are overdue for a reversal in the geologic record. What we do know is these changes are seriously affecting other things such as weather patterns and the increase in cosmic radiation. As far as the south Atlantic anomaly it recently has split besides its increase in movement.
    There is a full measure of articles relating to that from Nasa, The ESA and mainstream science. Some will pay attention, others will ignore it then there is the worst animal of all who tries to dissuade others from doing their own homework.

https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world/why-the-north-pole-is-moving-faster-than-ever/256395/

https://www.space.com/earth-magnetic-field-dent-anomaly.html

https://www.esa.int/Applications/Ob...rm_probes_weakening_of_Earth_s_magnetic_field

2. KI4ZNV

KI4ZNV Ham Member QRZ Page

Solar flux index has exceeded 100 for the first time this cycle!
    Everybody has to take a drink now!
    --scott

3. WB4JHS

WB4JHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to crank up the beacons worldwide on 10 meters! Some sigs are bound to breakthrough as we listen. Looking to get a 10 meter low power CW Xmitter if someone has one?

Best DX!
    John WB4JHS
    321 229 6527

4. ITAL7

ITAL7 QRZ Member

It's been at 101 already before in this cycle. Then sputtered back down to the 70's again for months. It's just like an engine not quite being able to start. Let's hope this holds. It's already down to 99 today. "A" index is also still too high.

5. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Old song: 'God gave noah the rainbow sign; won't be water, but fire next time!"

KB1MM likes this.
  6. KK4VSQ

KK4VSQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you imagine how important amateur radio would become if a solar flare toasted EVERY satellite? I should probably clarify TWO THIRDS because I suspect that those satellites on the dark side of the earth would be protected. But golly, can you imagine that they all cease working in a blink of an eye? I suppose we might have a day or so to prepare.....

PY2NEA likes this.
  7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Get on the air and make some contacts. 15 has had some life the past few weeks

73 from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" 2 miles of wire in the Air & On the daily

8. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As a amateur radio I prefer to remain useless than to witness the chaos and scenes of hysteria. There is already too much madness.

9. ITAL7

ITAL7 QRZ Member

And now sunspots are back to 0 again, SFI back down to 75. It's been like this since 2019. Starts and sputters. It seems the peak might really be in 2025 as guesstimated several times during the past years

10. K4KID

K4KID Ham Member QRZ Page

"Scotty! CUT THAT TIME IN HALF!!!"

11. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"James! INCREASE MY SALARY"