ad: elecraft

Brazil proposes 5275 kHz to 5450 kHz international allocation for Amateur Service

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by PY2ZX, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. SM6EKG

SM6EKG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good news! Happy!

2. K1BXI

K1BXI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used 60 meters quite a bit and noticed here in the North East (Maine) that the mobiles have very nice signals. Also stations with vertical antennas do very well.

But...........if (it's a big if) we ever get to use it as a "regular band" with all the modes and power levels the same as 80 and 40, with no more ERP rules, things will change. Not sure for the better.

My wish would be to only lose the channel restrictions and leave the power level and modes as they are now. Maybe a small portion for cw only. 25 KHz would be more than enough. With another larger portion for digital modes only, the rest for USB. Putting all modes in one basket is not a good idea.

There has been talk on this forum about a new beginners class like the old novice class......So..... how about opening all or part of it for those with the tech license. This would give techs all the hf modes we enjoy on a nice slice of the hf spectrum.

Probably all a pipe dream on my part...........something to think about anyway.

John

3. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

The 60 meter band is evolving into something we all can use. With the Hurricanes and natural disasters occurring in the Caribbean region I do hope that places like Haiti have learned from the past when that giant earthquake devastated that part of the island. Haiti had no radios, no antennas and no operators to pass traffic to the rest of the world, even though places like the US and all the islands were listening for them. The 60 meter band would be a valuable tool for that island nation in the event of another disaster. I pray they get it together there.

4. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have played on 60 since it's inception when 50 watts ERP was the rule now of course the ERP is 100 watts
    Great band with an added advantage ... NO QRM - adjacent frequency splash from unrealistic power levels.
    I would like additional frequencies but there is no need for increase power.
    Just my humble opinion.
    [​IMG]

5. J85K

J85K Ham Member QRZ Page

Could we give support to a 500 PEP maximum on the 60 meter band ?

Hello Charles_N3WVB,

Would you be open, to say a 400 watt (UK maximum) or 500 watt PEP maximum on this band?

I have found that a 300 to 600 watt 'oomph' does very nicely on 40 and 80 meter nets in my region. There are occasions when a Net Control Station requires a little more 'presence', on the band. I do feel that an All - Mode allocation and 5.250 to 5.450 MHz assignment on 60 meters for the Caribbean is essential.

Kumar_J85K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.