ad: Halibut-1

Band of Brothers Net

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K9JFM, Sep 27, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K9JFM

K9JFM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m K9JFM one of the net controllers on the Band of Brothers net, we’re on 7.275.00 M-F from 6:00p - 800p We have three net controllers all ex military, we don’t do QSO’s or rag chew we just pass contacts around to the controllers for audio and signal reports. Welcome to anyone with a General class license or higher.Net Controllers in Mississippi, NC, and NY

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    KD2TTM, N0LBY, KI5ZNZ and 8 others like this.
  2. KG2PY

KG2PY Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a great net. In and out with audio and signal report

N0LBY, KQ1V and K9JFM like this.
  3. KF0FBK

KF0FBK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Since you said 6-8p, what time zone?

N4AWP, KQ1V and N3AWS like this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not to be confused with "The Brothers" net, correct? I think those are the guys that do the trivia thing.

Nice Cobra Jack! I had a 427 back in 75, but it was in a GT-500.

KQ1V, K9JFM and W9EBE like this.
  5. N3AWS

N3AWS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My guess would be Central, but that’s a guess. Also, please give us the calls of the other “controllers”

KF0FBK likes this.
  6. K9JFM

Eastern

7. K9JFM

eastern time zone

8. K9JFM

Yeah we don’t know anyone over at the brothers net, we started this Net about 6 months ago, we were like the pre net before the Rare Ones and decided since we were all ex military to just call ourselves the Band of Brothers,we turn the frequency over to the Rare Ones of New Orleans at 8:00p eastern, we have a lot of people coming in to check equipment, microphones, radios, antennas, and we only do audio and signal checks, no rag chew or QSO’s just a in and out, we don’t tell people they are 59 unless they are, I have been on some nets were everyone’s signal was 5-9 lol

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    KQ4WDG likes this.
  9. K9JFM

Eastern time zone, Dale KB5PMP, and Norm KG2PY

N3AWS likes this.
  10. N3AWS

N3AWS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you!

N4AWP and K9JFM like this.
  11. N9XDS

N9XDS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Jack, Norm and Dale. Great service you are providing to our amateur community. Thanks for the check and I will be back again soon, 73.

de N9XDS

K9JFM likes this.
  12. K9JFM

Thanks Tim for the kind words, we’re trying!!

13. N3LHQ

N3LHQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Recently found them on 7.192 at 23:00 UTC (or ZULU TIME for Vets!) Mon-Fri. WWW.w9bro.net/ :cool:

14. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

15. AA3C

AA3C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess that I'll be the bad guy. Why another net that does nothing like send messages, etc., yet still chases people off who may be on the "nets" frequency? Its ok if the group wants to get on and shoot the breeze but don't pretend that the net "owns" the frequency. I hear this all of the time especially on 20m where no useful info is exchanged, yet when they pop up saying xxx Net is scheduled in the next 10 minutes, could you please change frequencies........like the 'nets own the frequency when others are already there. Net's can move up or down like any other station needs to if the frequency they are looking for is occupied.

Let the arrows fly.

KS4W, N2EY, NH6RF and 2 others like this.