ad: elecraft

ATTENTION EchoLink users!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K7ZM, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7ZM

K7ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I downloaded the Vista "Service Pack 1" that Microsoft sent to me last Wednesday. I didn't realize until the next day that my audio on EchoLink wasn't working. I re-downloaded the EchoLink program and it still wouldn't work. I tried a new radio with my rigblaster. Still NO AUDIO. Then, I dumped the "Service Pack 1" that I downloaded. Bingo! My EchoLink audio is working fine! To get rid of the Service Pack 1 upload, go to Start. Select All Programs,then accessories, system tools, and system restore. At this point choose to restore to the point when you downloaded Service Pack 1.
    In the past few days,I have had several stations try to connect to my repeater system that are having audio problems. IF YOU ARE USING VISTA, be careful of downloading their present Service pack 1.

2. N1BHH

N1BHH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is helpful to read for all you Vista users out there:
    http://echolink.org/vista.htm

Vista is so screwed up. When Microsoft introduced it, Vista was not complete. They should have called it Novista or something similar. Voice codecs and drivers have to be loaded for every single VOIP platform that is used. That is the ultimate reason for getting XP back on your machine. Dell will give you an XP disc to put it back on your machine, if you have a Dell.

When I bought my new machine, I looked for XP on the box and online and found what I wanted. I ain't screwing with that crap.

3. K8ELR

K8ELR Ham Member QRZ Page

vista and echolink

I've been running vista and echolink on 2 different computers and have not had any problems. I bought one that had vista installed and upgraded one to vista. Any problem on echolink was due to my router. Once I got it set right I haven't had any problems.
    ~

4. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Been running Vista (all latest updates installed) with Echolink and no problems at all. Runs perfectly :)

5. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

That explains the trouble I had. THANKS! And I HATE Vista.

:)

6. K6JFT

K6JFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Echolink on Vista Ultimate.....

I have been running Echolink for years on Windows XP. I can't get Echolink to work on Vista Ultimate. The program installs and goes through it's test and passes. When started, it connects and says fetching data but hangs and never completes. I have tried several proxies with the same result which makes me thing that it is a protocol problem in Vista Ultimate.

The router is setup correctly. The Vista firewall is setup correctly. I have run the troubleshooter which says UDP ports 5198 and 5199 are OK but complains that it can't connect to the server. I have tried this on 2 different Vista Ultimate machines.

Echolink works on all the XP machines on the same network.

Can anyone help me?

73, K6JFT, Joe

7. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

same here ...

8. W3WTW

W3WTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone running this as a Repeater node? My audio is very low from Echolink out to the repeater. If I play a sound file with Windows Media Player audio is loud and clear. If I use Echolink, SYSOP, IDENT, and press the TEST button and play the same audio file, audio is very low.

9. 2W0RMR

2W0RMR Ham Member QRZ Page

running vista here sp1 with echolink and no problems whatso ever echolink runs sweet:eek:

10. M3OZP

M3OZP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Echolink audio

Here is a problem that some of us here in the UK have come across recently.

The audio sound over compensated at the beginning of the transmission, then starts to break up. Sometimes bad, sometimes not so bad. I have been having trouble for about 6 weeks now. And I have heard others are now getting the same problem. Is it the internet? One theory that has been suggested is that echolink uses peer to peer programming for the audio, and many of the ISPs are cracking down on peer to peer because of illegal downloads.

How many other comms programms use peer to peer?

Have any hams in the US had similar problems I wonder. I know one ham in Canada has.

Chris
    M3OZP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.