ad: MyersEng-1

ARRL Proposal to Give Technicians More Operating Privileges

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NW7US, Apr 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA4TG

AA4TG Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that the FCC would be making a mistake if it followed the ARRL recommendations. If they want to give Technician class licensees extended privileges in the HF bands they should show some deference to the their incentive licensing goals by only giving them 50 to 100 kcs at the upper end of the band's, and because so many of them will want to go digital, they should receive 25 to 50 kcs centered in the digital portions. The ARRL wants to give them almost the total cw/digital portions thus eliminating any incentive the digital operators would have to upgrade.

WQ4G and KD4LT like this.
  2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A good question; one that deserves a serious answer.

3. KE9OL

KE9OL Ham Member QRZ Page

BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO...AND DESERVE NOT TO BE BELITTLED FOR IT. I CAN'T SEE SO WELL ANYMORE AND IT HELPS ME. WHY DO YOU SEEM SO ANGRY? A WAS RESPONDING TO THE NATURE OF THE REPLIES NOT ONE'S RIGHT TO. HERE'S ANOTHER OPINION...YOU'RE AN ABUSIVE FOOL. AND REMEMBER THIS, MAYBE TAKE YOUR ANGER ELSEWHERE, THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM.

4. KE9OL

KE9OL Ham Member QRZ Page

A SERIOUS ANSWER. HOW ABOUT SOME SERIOUS THOUGHT...THE ANSWER IN IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

5. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Right. That's why a suggestion was made earlier to not propose this idea as ADDED privileges; it is instead a trade-off ADJUSTMENT for current realities. No Morse test means LESS CW Tech spectrum required; new narrow-band digi keyboard technology has supplemented that and needs to be addressed as essential for all license classes.

SSB allocation to a borderline HF band was a mistaken throw-in at the time the new Tech was established. Ironically to try to get more activity on 10 meters, long viewed by many as too often being a broad wasteland of under used amateur spectrum. But that decision backfires in regards to the mission of providing a HF training ground and incentive for license upgrading, at worst perceivable as an insulting bad joke on amateur radio novitiates.

6. KC1DR

KC1DR Ham Member QRZ Page

Disagree.

7. KC1DR

KC1DR Ham Member QRZ Page

Now..........things are going to get really interesting!

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You see anger where there is none. Your SHOUTING makes it appear that you are angry. You see attacks and abuse when there is simply a question and a disagreement.

I've explained why Advanceds should not be given a free upgrade to Extra. They haven't earned it.

You don't really know how "technical" the old Extra test was....because you never passed it.

WU8Y and KD4LT like this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

!gnitseretni yrev yrev

Looks like I am a backwards kinda guy! dih-dit!

KC1DR likes this.
  10. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OK......

Ahem....

You just wrote "when the code was eliminated".

Not "when the code TEST went away".

AC0GT likes this.
  11. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Please stop shouting. It makes my eyes hurt.

WU8Y, N3FAA, AC0GT and 1 other person like this.
  12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Time for everyone to chill it down a notch.... again. Please.

Dave
    W7UUU

W1YW and KE9OL like this.
  13. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG...I actually made a CW contact on 10 today....it was to Mexico....So awesome...thanks all, I am good now, time to sell all the gear....Be back in 15 years....

N3FAA, W0PV and W1YW like this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

di-dah-cted

KE9OL likes this.
  15. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If the above individual WANTS TO PRINT IN CAPS OB jeeezzz CHILL OUT, as he has that right and if he's like MANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS he's NOT GOING TO LISTEN to a "CRY-BABY LIKE YOURSELF!!! :) OH! OH! YOU'RE SHOUTING GEEEEZ!

WQ4G and KE9OL like this.