ad: GoBoxRadio-1

ARES/RACES photos needed for article

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by Guest, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

[ reposted by iz ]

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.radio.amateur
    Subject: Photos wanted for ARES/RACES Article!
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:44:09 -0500

Greetings all... de N8WIP

I am in the final process of writing an article on ARES/RACES and I need a few photographs to put with it. The article is writen to educate today's emergency services in what the amateur radio service is all about and how it can help them in the event of a disater or emergency. The article is titled: The Multi-Million Dollar Communications Network that you probably don't even know you have.

I am looking for photographs of mobile communications centers, portable communications systems, EOC's or any other photograph that shows what ARES/RACES and the amateur radio community is all about.

Credit will be given for photographs used so please be sure to include the photographers name and the name of any person or group within the photo. Please DO NOT send photographs that are not you own unless you have permission from the photographer.

Upon request, if your photograph is used in the printed issue I will make sure that you receive a copy.

Photographs should be at least 800x600 @ 200 DPI in .JPG format and should be emailed to: news@zoominternet.net

If you have any questions please feel free to email me:

news@zoominternet.net

2. Guest

Guest Guest

BTW, I passed my Element 2 today

callsign in a week or so, and registering for EMCOM1 tommorrow

- iz

3. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

When you get the article published, let us know were we can see it. I personally would like to see something similar in a Powerpoint or VCR tape format which can be show to a public saftey group. There were a couple of films made a few years ago that are available from ARRL but they are dated now. Something showing modern modes such as APRS with UI-View, ATV, SSTV and voice while demonstrating Command Posts and remote operations being manned by ARES, RACES or REACT personel. This would be something to introduce the capabilities of the 21st century EMCOMM volunteer to officials who only think we are the 'guys with walkie-talkies'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.