ad: LZQSLprint-1

Are we going to lose frequencies?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jan 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

KD7LJH writes "I am hearing through the news media that the FAA is now complaining that they are running out of frequencies for their planes and airports. They say that they make 50 calls to a plane during one flight and that there are over 16,000 flights a day. This, they say, puts a mighty strain on the frequencies that they are now supported by. They are talking of requesting the FCC to allocate to them the use of even more frequencies, and the news will not say where those frequencies would be drawn from.

I just want to know if they are planning on pulling more frequencies from them ham community and giving them to the FAA. I have looked at this with friends, one who is even a pilot. The number of frequencies now in use should more than cover the airlines needs, in the fact that they can use a particular frequency more than once as long as they are used in different areas of the world. I am a newly licensed operator, but I have been involved with ham radio for a while through family, and I hope the we are able to enjoy the airwaves without fear of losing the frequencies to do so."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.