ad: MyersEng-1

AnyTone 878 Used With The Internal Bluetooth System On Your Car

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Jan 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you noticed the trend of states/provinces NOT making exceptions for amateur radio when banning the use of handheld devices?

In those jurisdictions, bluetooth capability should be a very desirable feature of any radio you want to use in your car.

Admittedly, I'm not sure that an HT would be a radio of choice for mobile use.....

W6ZD and NU4R like this.
  2. KB5VYA

KB5VYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I think more than a few are missing the main point. It is an option for the addition of a feature. If you don't like it, don't use it. If it helps out in your access to our hobby, great. It would be of use to me. I will probably use it, should I buy that radio. It ain't nothin' to get exercised about.

W6ZD and N4TJS like this.
  3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ANYTONE Features :

Instead, this radio will offer full Bluetooth functionality so you can pair it with your vehicle.

In addition, it will offer an optional Bluetooth speaker / microphone with keyboard and a larger display than the 878 radio that you can mount on the dashboard (with mobile phone holder) without cables on the radio.

4. IW2BSF

aviable in pre-order ..... coming soon

at-578.jpeg

K1PXF likes this.
  5. K1PXF

K1PXF Ham Member QRZ Page

The advantage to this is made clear when you realize that many states (in the US) are adopting "hands free" legislation, and in some of those states it is a little less clear whether or not Ham operators are exempt.

I know what you're saying about leaving HTs as HTs, but look at it this way: with a product like this coming, it won't be long before something like it (or better) is put to market for effective hands-free operation of actual mobile radios.

Say what you want, but I choose to look on the bright side of this. :)

W6ZD and N4TJS like this.
  6. KD2GIY

KD2GIY Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if its blue tooth. you still need to press a button to pick up the caller. Thats not hands free.

7. HB9PJT

HB9PJT Ham Member QRZ Page

The Kenwood works great with a Plantronics BT Headset. Not true it only works with Kenwood accessories.

73, Peter - HB9PJT

8. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. But I don't want want wear a headset. Especially not while driving.

Why can't it pair with the car, my phone does?

(Said by naive user. I know the technical reasons. Which confirms for me, BT is very poorly thought out.)

9. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Not without a remote head capability.

10. 4X1ST

4X1ST XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After getting a fine for using a hand mike while driving, I picked up an inexpensive BT earpiece/PTT button/dongle set from Aliexpress. This works fine with my TYT MD380 (and will work with Kenwood, Anytone and yes... Baofeng rigs with the same 2-pin plug).

The PTT is velcro'd out of the way on the handbrake. No issues with background noise, and I get unsolicited positive comments about the audio quality. Given the trend to restrictive legislation on using hand-held mikes while driving, this has to be the way forward. The technology is stable, low-cost and widespread generally. I hope ALL mobile rig manufacturers will see the light and offer BT integration.

11. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

If it works would the installation and operation be "seamless"? ;)

12. W5GM

W5GM Ham Member QRZ Page

Perfect. DMR sounds terrible so lets make it better by using it like a speaker phone. You gotta be kidding me. I have *never* talked to anybody on a handsfree car system that sounded worth a crap. This is the same reason I will NEVER allow echolink on my repeater network. People put the app on their phone and yell at the phone like a speaker phone. The audio is terrible.

13. IW2BSF

here in Europe they give very salty fines for those who drive and talk on the microphone!

I also got a bluetooth KIT from China at about 45 euro, but I was not very satisfied with the modulation they say it's pretty good but the reception is not that great, hi !!!

I look forward to anytone's original bluetooth, hoping it really works well by paring with the BT of my car, which is very convenient to use the car's system!

14. IW2BSF

the internal module BT is a BEKEN BK3260 ic bluetooth but as an IC BEKEN Wi-fi at 2,4 Ghz ....

infact Anytone give an optional Microphone "wireless" with display (GREAT !!! ) via wi-fi .

73 de IW2BSF Rudy

15. M0JFK

M0JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

Know kneed two shouwt.

W4FBI likes this.