ad: cq2k-1

Announcing the QRZ New Ham Jumpstart Program

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 19, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG6HVM

KG6HVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just dealing with gigaParts is enough to turn a new ham off forever

K9XR, G5WCW, N4CAX and 2 others like this.
  2. KJ7WCW

KJ7WCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a TYT UV88 or Retevis RT85 clone, or maybe just the same radio relabeled.

Great handheld, if it is one of the two. Inexpensive and I had a great experience with it.

3. KC3UGC

KC3UGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Missed the eligibility by less than a month.:(:(

W5NJR, HMORAN and KI5WDN like this.
  4. KI5WDN

KI5WDN Ham Member QRZ Page

just missed out. for shame. thats ok though i have several ht's already.

5. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

THIS is too cool!!!

28 likes!

6. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do NOT like their marketing strategies and have not purchased anything from them for over a year due to their GPU sales tactics. The one time I went into their Huntsville store, they didn't know what "ladder line" was or how to help me order any.

That being said, my previous online orders with them were fulfilled quickly and accurately and the one time I needed to RMA a product, they were quick to assist. So, if you know what you're looking for, they're not a bad website to order from.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    KK7MCE likes this.
  7. W2PMS

W2PMS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a great idea!

8. KW0Z

KW0Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic collaboration with QRZ and Gigaparts, Fred!

9. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

The majority of their in-store sales is not Ham Radio products. You must have been there at a time the ham radio sales person was out. They sell way more of those computer items and maker parts in the store.

10. N5EVV

N5EVV Ham Member QRZ Page

This would have been awesome when I became a ham. I hope it encourages people to jump into ham radio!

11. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Excellent .

K8PG Paul

12. W4HM

W4HM Ham Member QRZ Page

Great idea!!!

13. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I would rather see them support clubs that are in the schools. https://www.n1fd.org/youth-activities/ They put packages together and something like that would be a big help. This is more of a promotion than anything else because those already getting their license's are already on their way and like was mentioned many already have a handheld.

K9XR and W5CJA like this.
  14. KE8VLJ

KE8VLJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just placed my order, THANKS! I will let you know how it goes...

They gave a 50% discount on the usb programming cable that is not included, but I didn't see mentioned. I just noticed it was not included and so added it and noticed the discount.

Also added the Explorer QRZ-1 Speaker Microphone for $20, so total with free shipping and tax was $28.22 for the lot.

QRZ, You rock!

FWIW.. I don't own a transceiver and have been looking at getting a boat anchor for cheap to get started...

KC7ZXY likes this.
  15. K4WPC

K4WPC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Anything to help new Hams is a positive. It will help companies and new Hams. Thanks for the efforts.

WJ4U likes this.