ad: CQMM-1

Amateur Radio Club KB4SA partners with Boy Scouts of America in Clay County, FL

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK4ECR, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4ECR

KK4ECR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KB4SA Logo.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Scott Roberts, KK4ECR
    kk4ecr@gmail.com
    (904) 759-7812

BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, THE NORTH FLORIDA COUNCIL CHARTERS AMATEUR RADIO STATION KB4SA – INAUGURAL EVENT ON MAY 12, 2012.

Clay County, Florida (April 12, 2012) – Boy Scouts of America, The North Florida Council announces the charter of amateur radio station, KB4SA. KB4SA encourages, equips and prepares young people to be vibrant citizens and dynamic community leaders through the use of amateur radio and the practice of emergency communication guided by the Scout Oath and Scout Law.

The inaugural event of KB4SA is scheduled for May 12, 2012 at Camp Echockotee, 2513 Doctors Lake Drive, Orange Park, FL 32073. Scouts will see local amateur operators in action and also communicate, via radio, with other amateur radio operators, local and around the world.

During future events, Scouts will earn merit badges related to radio, communications and science; receive a FCC Amateur Radio license; participate in local emergency communications drills; and provide communication support for community charity events such as bike-a-thons.

Peter Duzant, founder of the KB4SA said, “Amateur radio is a rewarding hobby that allows Scouts to learn, not only about radio and electronics, but also that it goes hand-in-hand with duty to country and community.”

Chuck Courson, Director at Camp Echockotee adds his support, “The starting of Amateur Radio Club, KB4SA, will allow us to be able to help scouts be better prepared to give back to their community in a very meaningful way. We are excited about the opportunities that this will provide for the scouts.”

Sponsors for the Amateur Radio Club KB4SA include Clay County Amateur Radio Emergency Service and Journey Church.

# # #

Boy Scouts of America was founded in February of 1910 with the purpose of providing programs for young people that build character, and trains them in the responsibilities of citizenship and giving back to the community. The Boy Scouts of America now has a membership of 2,723,869 youth.

More information about the Amateur Radio Club KB4SA and other events scheduled with the Boy Scouts of America can be found on the club web site at http://www.kb4sa.org. To schedule an interview, or your attendance at the event, please contact Scott Roberts at (904) 759-7812 or by email at kk4ecr@gmail.com.

2. WA2SI

WA2SI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Scott,

Great to see and hear. Best of luck with the event. My 11 year old lad, Charles, WA2CJC, just crossed over from Webelos to Boy Scout. While we cannot attend this event, we will surely try to coordinate a future vacation with a KB4SA event. Agn, take care, Gl es...

Vy 73 de Bert, WA2SI,
    Charles, (A.k.a. "C.J.") WA2CJC, &
    Samantha, W2SSC (Charles' 14 yo sis, obviously not a Boy Scout but usually at most of our meetings and very supportive.)
    BSA, Benjamin Tallmadge District, Troop 354

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They're trying to get this going in Minnesota, too. We need more people following the Scout Law on the air - Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

4. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree heartily. The Boy Scouts are a great organization...keeping the good American values alive. And we can always use more of them, on the air and throughout daily life.
    Here in San Diego we just had a jamboree at the football stadium. Lots of great activity, altho I didn't have time this year to check for any ham activity. Usually there's a ham station on 2 mtrs to give the scouts an idea how much fun it is and whet their appetites to get their ticket.

5. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I turn my radio on daily and the average ham that I work/hear is a pretty good Joe.

6. W1WCN

W1WCN Ham Member QRZ Page

This Joe, who is also an advisor for KB4SA, says, "Thanks for the flowers."

7. K4PAD

K4PAD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you all for the Kudos - We hope to make this an rewarding endeavor.

Pete K4PAD

8. 9Z4S

9Z4S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Greetings in the name of Scouting. Congratulation to you for a wonderful gesture and lots of luck. We in Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies have been toying with the idea for some time and I believe that will give us more inspiration to drive harder towards this venture. Looking forward to chat with you on May 12, 2012.

Gary
    9Z4BGS
    joti/jota Co ordinator
    Trinidad and Tobago
    West Indies.

9. KE7ZOI

KE7ZOI Guest

Please send all frequencys being used I'll try for contacts with scouts.
    Thanks
    ke7zoi@yahoo.com

10. KK4ECR

KK4ECR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here are the frequencies that we plan to be on or near.

Looking forward to talking to you.

Scott Roberts, KK4ECR
    kk4ecr@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.