ad: elecraft

ADIFMerge

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WZ7L, Dec 23, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WZ7L

WZ7L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Simple utility to merge ADIF files.

DSC02977.JPG

This is probably a new HAM thing, but through the use of various loggers I've managed to generate a lot of ADIF files. It seems that every program formats their output a little differently. Because the ADIF standard is so flexible, the output from various logging programs is consistently inconsistent.

I was looking for a quick and simple way to merge all of my .adi files into one large master file. There may be solutions out there, but I didn't find the one that worked for me. My son has been studying programming and looking for projects, so I asked him to build a light little utility that would merge multiple ADIFs.

What he created works great for me, so we thought we would share it if anyone is interested. It can be downloaded for free from https://github.com/Noeva/ADIFMerge/releases . There are two versions: 1) a packaged version that includes an installer (the .msi file), and 2) a "portable" version that requires a couple of Visual Studio runtime files to be present on your computer (available from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 ).

I hope some of you like it and find it useful. Please let us know if you find bugs or are able to break it. He's happy to do more development on it.

Rob -- KG7JWD

2. N3UE

N3UE Ham Member QRZ Page

So after struggling with my logbooks for the past bunch of years, and finally giving up long ago, somehow came across your post...
    Damn if it didn't come to the rescue of my 11,000 + contacts spread out in various logs...
    Thanks!!! de N3UE Ed Pittsburgh PA

3. WM8Q

WM8Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked for me, thanks!

4. AH6HY

AH6HY Ham Member QRZ Page

Found this quite by accident after a desperate Google search. And it worked perfectly! Thanks for helping me organize over 21,000 QSOs! 73 & Aloha de Dave AH6HY

5. WM8Q

WM8Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Ooops... now fails at about 12000 QSOs, merges everything including dupes, I will attempt to fix.

6. VA2GK

VA2GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

7. N4BLS

N4BLS Ham Member QRZ Page

This is awesome! Thank you so much!!!

8. VA2GK

Hey Rob, I did find a bug on it, I tried it twice to make sure the bug repeated.
    On some entries it seems to drop a line (sometimes two) and insert a <EOR> (end of record) instead so it creates a invalid QSO with missing data.
    Also I noticed it capitalizes everything, I don't know if it's a bug or a feature ;-)
    I can provide the original files and the resulted merged files if your son wants to look into it, I really love this little program and I'd like to keep using it.

Picture below shows the original entry and the result after the merge on a problematic entry.

Thank you!

upload_2024-3-27_23-33-3.png

9. VA2GK

Ok, found the source of the bug... very strange.
    Everytime the string "georg" appears, whether in the name of the OM, the country (Georgia) or anything else, it replaces it with <EOR>/r

Cool bug :-D