ad: ProAudio-1

HR2.0 - Yaesu FTM-6000r | First Look at Yaesu's Newest Mobile Ham Radio - LIVE!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Nov 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We're going live to take a hand's-on look at Yaesu's newest mobile Ham Radio, the FTM-6000r. Join us! Purchase link: http://hr2.li/rs674

W4IPC, W4BTH and M1WML like this.
  2. KO4GDE

KO4GDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Get to the point!

KT5OT, NK8I, K4VBB and 12 others like this.
  3. N1QE

N1QE Ham Member QRZ Page

How about doing this is 15 min, I quit watching

K7JD, G0UUT, KT5OT and 14 others like this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Played with one at HRO. Very disappointed. So it has what that I haven't got already besides the clunky menus? Maybe some company will innovate and add SSB to a mobile rig in the same class but I doubt it.

KF0DHQ, UT7UX, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very objective and honest “first look” video with Yeasu’s sales manager virtually sitting right next to you…:rolleyes:

NK8I, N4CAX, W7USD and 10 others like this.
  6. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My guess is it increases revenue. I didn't watch simply because I'm not interested in the radio. I'm not saying it isn't any good...just based on what I read about it on GigaParts website, it doesn't have anything that I don't already have on other radios. I'm waiting to see if Icom updates the 5100 with a color display like they did with the ID-52. I wonder if I can get Icom to send me one to do a video review on when that happens?

KC5HWB, MW1CFN, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  7. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was always under the impression that The Big Three produce radios that are driven by the Japanese amateur radio market. Nothing beats an ICOM IC-706MKIIG, all mode, shack in a box... less DCS codes and 220. I've an IC-705... great radio.

KT5OT, KC5HWB, N6GWH and 1 other person like this.
  8. M7BLC

M7BLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Beware salespeople armed with marketing speak enough to sell ice cream to those who live in permanently cold climates. Long experience has taught that they are only after your money :) .

KT5OT, KF0DHQ, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  9. K9BBN

K9BBN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Waisting my time with a "Already Done" radio...

G0UUT likes this.
  10. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Not that it matters, because outside the US, nobody has much regard for this site, other than as a pretty logbook. But sticking this guy on here is a win-win: he gets income, QRZ.com get to grab more of your data (my blocker reports about 28 tracker attempts just on hitting the homepage).

It is what it is: a cowboy data farm.

G0UUT, KT5OT, NK8I and 7 others like this.
  11. KC5HWB

I prefer the IC-7000 but I have 2 of the 706MKIIg radios also and like that entire line of rigs.

KQ1V likes this.
  12. KC5HWB

Already done in a previous episode. This was a livestream. Google it for a definition, if you need to.

KQ1V and 2E0TWD like this.
  13. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The only thing I like here, is the mounting bracket that comes with the transceiver when installed in a car. Those kind of brackets are normaly for professional radios, but the place of the connectors should change for better easy deinstalling. But when is there a further development of the FTM-400 or for example a better multiplatform software for updating the firmware for any Yaesu equipment without a Windows-System? That is more important than to heat up cold coffee.

KF0DHQ and KC5HWB like this.
  14. K4MZR

K4MZR Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ: enough of the video clickbait. Please.

N4CAX, W7USD, VE7KPM and 7 others like this.
  15. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Always funny to see passive aggressive replies from the content creators. Not saying you got to like any of the replies, but sometimes silence is a better option

W7USD, G7DAZ, W1VKE and 2 others like this.