ad: ProAudio-1

420-450 MHz 50 watts power limitation.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB1WMB, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

You know, from day-1, I always played by the rules, THEN I ran into some information that made me rethink my take on this very subject.

Do any federal agencies hold licenses for the frequencies they use, or the military, they should, but I really doubt they do.

Why?

Because they are part of the federal system that assumes some form of elitism and they are above the law and above the rest of the population as well.

And even IF I did operate 440 with even 250 watts, do you think that has any effect in reality, over the operation of a radar station who's main lobe is weell ABOVE the horizon, and the sidelobe rejection is more than likely greater than -60 dB as well, so it's a fat chance in he** they would even know I existed, let alone interfering with anything.

How many 420-450 Mhz. radar site are operational within the U.S borders anyhow, and why would they 'need' so many anyhow?

Is it now impossible to get accurate weather data from other sources, say satellites, or ground based Dopler systems N.O.A.A operates?

They'll 'hear' me like I 'hear' them....NOT!

The reverse would be true if they could hear my 100 watt UHF FM carrier as this would tell me their sidelobe rejection is sub-par, they should 'upgrade' to a better system if a puny 100 watt 440 mobile can cause 'harm'...

Depict the precise 'harm' done to a 'weather' radar site?

If ths is used to profile clouds and cloud movements, then I seriously doubt any amateur operation would be capable of 'harming' such a site or sites.

We are ordered to obey or else...Hmm, sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Just like 'We care about YOUR safety'...that's why we have to FINE you and take money from you because you don't wear a seatbelt, but ride a 2-wheeled motorcycle, and the choice to wear or not to wear a helmet is...'OPTIONAL'...Sounds like a perfect example of...DISCRIMINATION...bought and paid for by the insurance companies.

So 'rules' are broken by most if not ALL federal agencies, they just 'really' enforce their will upon the rest of society to prove they are the ones who wield the sword of injustice.

I readily disregard ANY law or rule I find objectionable to me as I am not property, not am I a slave to anyone, even in the minimalist terms.

People obey blindly because they assume their will and rights are subserviant to the great dictator in Washington, and the talking heads.

Plus, they are scared of standing up to the injustice that's pusjed on the citizens through 'legal' means by way of imprisoning people for doing what we really have a right to do.

Where in any document does it grant total power to our government?

It doesn't...they were never given the power in the first place, it was taken by laziness on our part alone.

The greates quote I find relevant to everybody is this:

* As governments grow, the freedoms of the people disappear*

I choose to stand up for what I know is right, and not to lay down and cower....

You can choose to be ruled, OR you can choose to rule...the choice is YOURS!

I choose the latter persoanlly.

How I operate does nto make me some sort of 'criminal', only that I choose to act in a manner that I find beneficial to me, and not to others, so what.

I render aid to stranded motorists and assist in RACES and ARES nets.

I also risked my life as a firefighter not 15 years ago....VOLUNTEER no less, in Northern Wisconsin.

I did my time in the Military personnel prison in Germany in 1980, so I have a right to voice my opinions, I've earned it.

Military service is no better than living in prison without bars, living life as dictated by a 'superior'....Yeah, right...

My XO had an IQ of 125!
    Mine is 198, and HE was MY 'superior'?
    He was a JOKE!

Rank is used to beat down people, and used as a sword to usurp authority without the mental power to properly use that authority.

How many cops went to prison for gunning down Amadou Diallo?

NONE!

An innocent man was murdered by people with authority and we let them get away with it daily.

THAT is the other reason I choose to stand up for MY rights, and I'll be damned if anybody is going to take them away...they are rights, NOT privileges.

I operate with courtesy and dignity, I give everybody equal respect until they prove they don't deserve it, by words used and how they treat others, bot on the air and in person.

Respect is earned, NOT demanded.

I'd even stand up and die to protect YOUR rights as well if I was required to, but I will never stand back and allow my rights to be categorically denied or supressed simply to appease a handful of politicians and their ego trips!

This is MY country as much as it is yours, so we ALL have a vested interest in the proper and just governance of this land.

Sadly though, under the bush regime, this is no longer the case.

If you wish to point fingers and call people ciminals, point those fingers in the direction of Washington, the HEAD criminal lives there!

I think it's a treasonous act when the president states the constitution is nothing but a G.D piece of paper!

What he said SHOULD have been enough to press charges of treason on him and he should be rotting in prison for the remainder of his life fro willful violation of the oath of office!

I am the LEAST of anybody's concern!

Good day gentlemen!

Have a WONDERFUL memorial weekend!

STAY SAFE...STAY ARMED!!

2. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Right-on, brother!!! My wife and I have said the same thing over and over. I even wrote my Representative at the time, Kathryn Harris (R-FL), to request the House begin the appropriate proceedings, but she didn't respond.

Too busy, I guess, acting like the debutante she is.

But, Bush isn't the only one. Cheney's just as bad, if not worse. What with his Haliburton War shenanigans of fabricating evidence of WMD and ordering a subordinate to disclose a classified operative's identity. Besides, of course, his continued direct personal gain from the profits from Haliburton's no-bid supply contract in Iraq.

Both of them should do some hard time at Gitmo. And, while they're there, let Fidel through the visitor's gate with a big poker. :)

Lee

3. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Cuckoo, cuckoo.

Tom kcØw

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Radar in the 400-450 MHz is STILL in use in many areas; including some relatively new systems to detect wind shear at airports. The frequency for radar of any sort is selected for the effectiveness for the information of interest.
    And it matters little of the power actually transmitted by a radar system; it;s the returned signal that matters! Is the return signal from an airplane, or a wind vortex, or even a tornado as strong as a 100 Watt Amateur Radio signal?

If abuse occurs or continues, since Amateur Radio is secondary user, (THAT means we create NO interference, and are NOT protected from interference by legitimate Primary users) the FCC could just as easily remove the 70 cm. band from the Amateur repertoire.

That, of course, would make the scofflaws true outlaws. And "Personae non grata" to the respectable Amateur community.

5. WA5OK

WA5OK Ham Member QRZ Page

This was so stupid I couldn't even force a smile at it's absurdity. I was thinking of asking you where you get this 'BS', but I think I'd be better off if you didn't tell me.

Why, oh, why, do I have to share air with people like you?

6. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

KA9UCE, you are one sick boy and I suggest that you get thearpy ASAP

7. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you fellows going to ignore the fact that Clinton and Gore want a "living constitution" ? Which means one that can be changed to fit their agenda.

8. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

As you cruise down Bruce B Downs, dial up NI4CE's Verna machine.  That's the one used in my earlier example of perhaps why there really is no longer a need for the restriction.  At least in central FL.  Running several hundred watts ERP at 1100 feet, and,  a little closer to Patrick AFB than you are with your 45 Watts 5 feet off the ground, makes my point.

It matters not if the NTIA buffoon's listening that set up note US7 or not.  I will most likely soon file a Petition for Rulemaking before the FCC challenging the illogic and erroneous notes included in US7.  So, if they don't see it here, they will in a more direct way, soon.

Government waste and unnecessary regulation costs we taxpayers.  Procedures such as those made necessary as a result of US7 require additional time and effort for government employees that would be better spent on more important activities.  Sorry, but I don't bend over and take it, just because somebody says to.

Yes, amateur radio licensure and operation is a privilege, but, as citizens, we have a duty to demand rules and regulations that are based upon sound and accurate technical foundation, not on the whim of some bureaucrat who doesn't want to bother to take geography into consideration.  Or, from a bureaucrat who's too lazy to modify or remove restrictions left over from the Cold War era that are no longer necessary.

Someone said it has to do with weather radar?  My God, man.  We've got overlapping layers of satellites now, and even TV stations with their own doppler radars.  No restrictions about them.

Another illogical to toss into the ring:  Pacific Missle Range is a small-potatoes Naval launching spot just north of Malibu.  Go another 75 miles and you're really into missle launch city: Vandenburg AFB, CA., with its SLIC 6-site ICBM launch facility.  No restriction for it.  Now, why is that?  Is it because its within the ding-dong 200 mile radius to the north of Point Mugu or just because it didn't need one.  So, why does a seldom-used old Navy facility at Pt. Mugu need a restricted operation 200-mile radius for it and Vandenburg, a much, much bigger and more active site doesn't?  And, while we're at it, Beale AFB in NorCal is an almost inactive base, whereas Travis AFB, 100 miles to the south, is a very active, large base.  Beale has a restriction, Travis does not.  Another piece of illogic, ignored by some bureaucrat.

Please, please, we need one of those knuckle heads with a few ounces of authority to explain themselves.  Ah, probably the same one that objected to hams being given a band allocation at 5 MHZ because some ham might just transmit on one of NTIA's automatic link enablement channels.  Can't have that.  Nope.  A Canadian or a Brit probably could, though.  No problema.

Just like an XE2 can blast away with a kiloWatt on 70cM, 175 miles to the south of Pt. Mugu, without begging for permission.........  And, just across Mission Bay from the Navy's North Island AS and let's not forget Top Gun school at Miramar NAS, in northern San Diego county.  

Lee
    W6EM

9. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Udderly sucks. Udderly sucks. Mooooooooooooo!

10. kd5rpo

kd5rpo Ham Member QRZ Page

I live 1/2 degree north of the area which protects White Sands Missile Range here in New Mexico. The Komandant has warned us that Albuquerque hams are responsible for interfering with their telemetry.
    Most of us keep to 50 Watts in order to prevent extension of the perimeter.
    I think they need an excuse to explain why those Star Wars things they test don't work very well.

11. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's some food for thought. Since the FCC's created a new 700MHz public safety band, what a perfect place for White Sands telemetry and whatever Pt. Mugu has. Besides, when do the cops need to run more than 50W anyway? They don't attempt DX shots or EME. Or, just long shots on SSB or CW. Colocate the stuff on that band and that would make things much simpler.

Gotta laugh at another mental piece that just popped up.

An interesting example. Wayne Overbeck, N6NB, is quite a VHF and UHF DX chaser. His van was pictured in QST or CQ a while back. Very sanitary set up. I recall he had 500W +/- amps for 70cM in the van and generator, etc. The photo showed him atop some peak near his home in Tehachapi. Hmmmm, did he have permission? Tehachapi's only about 100 miles or so from Pt. Mugu.

I also recall that he's the consultant that the FCC consulted with to develop RF exposure limits.

This sounds almost like Cheney and Haliburton.... LOL.

Lee

12. kd5ncb

kd5ncb QRZ Member QRZ Page

there is a section of us 70 between las cruces,nm and white sands ,actually all the way to alamagordo that has a sign posted alongside the hiway,not only limiting power, but freq as well this sign is posted almost directly across from one of the entrance rds to johnson space ctr... also, the only aliens left are the illegal ones....:cool:

13. N4VSD

N4VSD Ham Member QRZ Page

I knew some folks who worked near area 51. They told me they are most concerned about some of the hams who are from MARS!!

Ken N4VSD

14. W7LPN

W7LPN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm gonna go kill myself before the aliens come to put things up my rectum! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Then there's Line A which protects Canadian radio users, and is more or less 100 miles from the Canadian border. It apears the FCC isn't sure where it is, exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.