ad: TinyPaddle-1

2023 (SOTA) - Santa on the Air (NØP) UHF/VHF/Echolink

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0ITP, Nov 4, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0ITP

K0ITP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Another year of Santa on the Air (NØP) in Northern Colorado. For the 3rd straight year LARC ( Longmont Amateur Radio Club) along with NCARC ( Northern Colorado Amateur Radio Club) are helping kids get into the holiday spirit by talking to Santa on the radio. This year Mrs. Claus will also be joining us a few nights, due to Santa's busy schedule.
    From November 27th - December 10th Santa will be on the NCARC repeater, LARC repeaters and also on Echolink node WØENO-R 8305.
    LARC Repeaters:
    147.270 (+) 100/100
    448.800 (-) 88.5/88.5
    NCARC Repeater:
    447.700 - 100.0/100.0
    Can't talk to Santa on HF? In Northern Colorado or anywhere in the world? Join us starting November 27 to December 10, 2023 to talk to Santa on the radio. The Longmont Amateur Radio Club (LARC) and Northern Colorado Amateur Radio Club (NCARC) have teamed up to help you talk to Santa at the North Pole. Santa will be available on the following dates and times:
    Hope to hear all the kids on the air. Like in past years Santa will be sending all the kids (inexperienced and experienced) a QSL card.
    November 27 - December 10,2023 5PM-7PM MT - 0:00AM-2:00AM Zulu

[​IMG]
    If you are in interested in helping with this event, Especially you Santa's out there, contact Elf "Chucky" at kØitp@wØeno.org.

Happy Holidays and hope to hear you on the air!!
    Santa will be waiting to hear from you!

N0TZU, KF7YWA, K1SHE and 20 others like this.
  2. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Joulupukin Pajakylä
    Santa Claus Square, Finland
    66.543544, 25.847032

TA1TRJ and K0ITP like this.
  3. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

That time of year again.

One evening several years ago I was tuned into the 3916 Santa Net. The YL walked into the room. It caught her attention and she commented "So far, that's the most productive use of ham radio I've ever seen".

https://www.cqsanta.com/

MIKENEAL, N6SPP, K5KUE and 4 others like this.
  4. DO1FER

Santa's own amateur radio station with the callsign OH9SCL. Try out for a talk around christmas at different HF bands.

OH9SCL.jpeg

5. KQ4GUI

KQ4GUI Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I can work my first SOTA hihi

G0BIX, TA1TRJ, K0ITP and 2 others like this.
  6. YO8BDW

YO8BDW Ham Member QRZ Page

This year marks 3 years since I activate the YR8XMAS station every year. Every year, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one, there are stations at least in Europe that do the same thing. If we are still so many "Santa Clauses", why not try to collaborate and give a diploma to those who work us. This year is too late, but if there are interested radio amateurs who activate stations with the suffix XMAS, HNY, etc.., who would like to launch this diploma starting next year, please write to me. It would be about developing the rules, the graphic aspect of the diploma etc.. but especially the software necessary for the accounting of QSO, something for which I do not have the skills.
    eMail : cramil2005@gmail.com

KG5EWK, K1SHE, KI5NWP and 2 others like this.
  7. K8LJM

K8LJM Ham Member QRZ Page

8. CX3ADF

CX3ADF Ham Member QRZ Page

My nephew and I Too!! He doesn´t speack spanish and haven´t got his licence (Is four years old) but he will be happy (I think)

TA1TRJ, K0ITP and K8LJM like this.
  9. K0ITP

This is a great Idea I am in. I will send you an email with my contact info.

K1SHE, TA1TRJ and K8LJM like this.
  10. KI4YTV

KI4YTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the honorable mention. 3.916 Santa net will be on the air day after thanksgiving till Xmas eve 7:00PM Central Time (check-ins open 1/2 hour before). KI4YTV Santa net relay (plz dont qrm the 4 yr olds. lol)

K5KUE, K0ITP and W9CRT like this.
  11. DO1FER

Jamming is always a bad idea. Equal how old a licensed is or to whom the person belongs to or not.

K0ITP likes this.
  12. WT0RJ

WT0RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Any ham who willfully interferes with a kid talking to Santa will find a lump of RFI-emitting coal in their stocking come Christmas morning.

K0ITP, KA6DOY, KI4YTV and 3 others like this.
  13. K0ITP

Santa would be happy to talk yo you!

DO1FER likes this.
  14. 7L2CDG

7L2CDG Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope everyone around the world has a wonderful Christmas... How many pairs of socks will you need this year? It's the same as the number of children who have countless dreams.
    Begin the good on the air,you will give beautiful dream and holidays any stations

K0ITP likes this.
  15. KK7PMI

KK7PMI Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I log the contact on QRZ via echolink? Do I choose the 2m frequency of 147.270? I'm a new ham so trying to add the QSO with N0P from our contact with Santa with my daughter and I. Thank you!