ad: Alphaant-1

1x1 QRZ squatters?

Discussion in 'Policies, Guidelines and Terms of Use' started by W7VO, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W7VO

W7VO Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the QRZ rule on "special event" 1X1 callsigns? These are supposed to be for limited time Special Events, yet there seem to be some "QRZ Squatters" who have pages up for these callsigns as if they own them.

The call in question for me is N7C, who according to QRZ belongs to the Navajo Code Talkers in AZ. They use this callsign every year for their convention in August. I have applied for the call to be used this weekend for the 7QP, not knowing that the group in AZ already have a QRZ page up. People working the contest will look the call up on QRZ and send them our QSL cards!

73;

Mike, W7VO

2. W5RB

W5RB Guest

I just have to comment on the irony of calling the Navajo group "squatters". ;-) That aside , I can see how it'd be problematic . Hopefully some of the management here will provide a solution , maybe implement a new policy . The NCVEC website and the AE7Q site both provide up-to-date lists of 1x1 calls , but you know 90% of folks are going to look here . Good luck on your event .

3. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

1X1 Special Event Callsigns are valid for 2 weeks.

We will change the ownership of any 1X1 callsign to its current holder upon request.

Just make this clear by using the reporting tool at https://ssl.qrz.com/reg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.