ad: CQMM-1

12 DAYS OF QRZ (2023)

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N3WVB, Dec 3, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

The 12 Days of QRZ has begun and I encourage everyone to confirm each and every contact via the worlds number one ham radio data base. It takes seconds to confirm once you sign up for a FREE QRZ Log Book. Make this contest your catalyst to begin logging and confirming your contacts online. QRZ Awards stimulate activity and allow you to strive for multiple awards on a daily basis. Enjoy The 12 Days of QRZ and keep Ham Radio Alive and Well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope To Catch On The Bands
    7 3

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    N7VKH, N1WVQ, KN6FWT and 1 other person like this.
  2. N1WVQ

N1WVQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear that. I’ve had no confirmations yet for December! The confirmation rate for my QSLs has now fallen below 20%!

3. N3WVB

I understand completely as my results on QRZ LOGBOOK as a whole are only 40%
    To me there is no explanation with the exception of Africa where only a few countries confirm due to legitimate reasons.
    As we say "It is what it is"
    I hope to work you and others as I log in every contact and confirm via QRZ and EQSL.

[​IMG]

N3WVB

N1WVQ likes this.
  4. N3LHQ

N3LHQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I only reach out to people who confirm via QRZ! I'm 6 for 6 100%. :cool:

5. N1WVQ

N1WVQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope to work you as well, especially as our calls are very similar! I’m usually on 10m mobile during the week. When 6 opens, I am there too!

6. N3LHQ

I did have 4 confirms in one day, but only got 1 credit. The Event is 3 months long, ending Feb 28, 2024. So any confirm from anywhere via QRZ.com counts.

7. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks to syncing with LoTW, my QRZ Logbook confirmation rate is 58.591% with 46,090 QSOs in the log.

8. N3WVB

You get credit for one day for all confirmed contacts made on one day but you get endorsements for a confirmation on each band made every day.
    So to get award you count the number of days with confirmations.
    Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy

N3WVB

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Or, if you don't mind, to put it a tad more clearly so folks fully understand: You will get a "band endorsement" for every band on which you have made 12 contacts during the entire run of the event (Through the end of February). They do NOT have to be "12 consecutive days" - just 12 days per band during the run = "band endorsement"

And you get the award once you've had at least ONE contact a day, for 12 days - but they don't have to be consecutive.

It's a VERY easy award to earn and lots of fun - part of the idea is to encourage creativity to work new bands and try to get 12 confirmations (each on a different day, but it can be the same person!) for the more elusive band endorsements.

So you can work it from "super simple" (just get the banner) to "super involved" (band endorsements on every single band

It's truly one of the most unique awards out there and lots of fun :)

Dave
    W7UUU

G4WPS and N3WVB like this.
  10. NX5DX

NX5DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m finding that U.S. hams are less like to confirm than DX stations. To clarify, I mean domestic state to state contacts.

N3WVB likes this.
  11. N3LHQ

I get confirms from POTA's and the newbie working on WAS. As to the Best Band? The Rolling Stone!! Ain't Got No Satisfaction. (till you confirm!)

12. N7VKH

N7VKH Ham Member QRZ Page

Got mine last year. Stick with it and log them all. Sometimes you have to ask. My self working on getting W A S on ten meters and the state the closest are the hardest ones. If I work you I will log you

N3WVB likes this.
  13. N3WVB

What surprises me the most are the number of Hams who say they didn't realize that
    QRZ had a free log book available to them. Ofcourse others state they prefer paper logs ,
    no logs, and etc. It may be just me but the lower bands seem to be the most difficult .
    Getting confirmation on Top Band , 80 or 60 is like pulling teeth at times. All we can do
    is persevere. Hope to catch you on the bands.
    N3WVB

[​IMG]

K3SSM and N7VKH like this.
  14. N3WVB

Well it took 18 Days Instead of the 12 Days I was hoping for
    But Nonetheless I have my Award
    Wishing everyone Good Luck in obtaining theirs
    Now I am looking to accumulate Endorsements on Individual Bands

12 Days of QRZ (2023)#2696
    Granted: 2023-12-18 14:12:07 (N3WVB)

[​IMG]

Hoping to do better than last years totals
    Time will tell

12 Days of QRZ (2022)#1814
    Granted: 2022-12-16 15:39:27 (N3WVB)

Endorsements:

• 5 Band Mixed
        10M Mixed
        12M Mixed
        15M Mixed
        17M Mixed
        20M Mixed
        40M Mixed
        60M Mixed
      • Hoping to LOG you in on ALL BANDS 7 3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    N7VKH likes this.
  15. N3LHQ

Everyone KEEP CONFRIMING so ALL will get THEIR's !! :)

N3WVB and N7VKH like this.